Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am building a chaos army and i am curious if the idea in my head is possible. So my first idea is to have a squad or two of nurgle bikers basically circling my army tank hunting and wrangling stragglers into my army where my zeerkers and termies and of course my hq choices(typhus and winged tzeench daemon prince) will be waiting to stomp some face, using mostly plague marines to lay covering fire so the survivability of the inner circle stays, and a couple defilers to lob some heavy fire.

Second idea is load up all my plague marines and zeerkers into dedicated rhinos to get them into the fight fast and keep the enemy busy. Then bring in my termies and hq choices in to clear out any pesky targets, with a smaller squad of anti tank nurgle bikers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the only real way to test that is to put it out on the table and see what happens.

I will say this though, when designing your primary strategy, always assume it will fail, and have a backup strategy in place.

For example, my Black Templars are designed around a strategy in which most of my heavy hitters come in via deep strike, including drop pods. The idea is to disrupt enemy lines, secure objectives, get behind units, etc. This usually works, but my backup if this isn't workable (for whatever reason) is to bring those same deep strikers in to contest objectives, plug holes in lines, deal with flankers, etc. Not as good as plan A (if it were, it would BE plan A!) but it means flexibility.

And as Sun Tzu said, no battle plan survives contact with the enemy...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts