Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Ork warbikes, deffkoptas and wazdakka (statistics and rules that is).
BUT, I really dont like Orks as an army, I have no want or desire to paint and model them.
Im really open to the idea to make a counts as force using the above units and some Nob bikes and maybe a deff dread or some killer kans thrown in.
Now bearing in mind these unit types, thrie rules and stats, what sort of "Counts as" army would suit these units?

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you're willing to do a lot of converting, you might consider using Beastmen of Chaos models. Otherwise, maybe go with Exodite Eldar?

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Easy for you to say. Making up Xenos isn't easy. It took me four months to sculpt 50 Kytharin Shockserpents. Of course, those were from scratch. Modifying GW stuff would probably be easier.

-Dirge

·
Registered
599 Posts
Or use the units you like in the army you like.

Chaos may work with Orks ...so using the bikes as bikersm the deft copter as a skimmer may work, long as you model the correct weaponry and declare what they are at the start of the battle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was original considering Demiurg ( bit of a nod toward the old squat bikers ) have em on marine bikes and even convert a couple of jet bikes, like was Mr Sammael rides. ( was thinking also as they are Tau allies they could have the Shield Gens on the bikes rigged up for the 4+ cover save).
but I cant see me being able to convert fantasy dwarfs to resemble what I need for the riders.
I liked the Beastmen Idea tho.. I mean where did all those dudes go? did the Inquistion finally catch up with all of em? lol, and I wonder if the Tau would let those mutants join for the greater good?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well it is blasphemy to not use orks for the ork codex. As a substitute I would say Ogre or Ogryn would work for a count as. This would be an easy conversion if you need to do any conversions for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts