Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Counting attacks

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Winterous 
#1 ·
I always assumed that my Guardsman has 1 attack because he has a CCW, and that my Sergeant has 2 attacks because he has a CCW and a Pistol, but I got confuzzled today. I was browsing the C:SM and I saw that Tacticals have Bolters as well as Bolt Pistols, but are only listed as having 1 attack. "Oh, no, only the Sergeant has the Pistol, that's why he's got 2 attacks." I thought, but then I remembered to turn a few pages and find the Assault Squad. Bolt Pistol. Chainsword. One attack. Wait, what?
In one codex it says that gear bonuses are included in the profile, and the other doesn't even mention this. How exactly do I count attacks? And how many attacks does the sergeant have in the end, two? Three? Eleven?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
So both Tacticals and Assaults have 2 attacks at melee?
Thanks a lot for clearing that up, guys! It's amazing how long I was wrong about this.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Tactical Marines have 1 attack base, but only have a Bolter and a Pistol, they only have 1 attack in CC normally.
Assault Marines have a Bolt Pistol AND a CCW, so they have 2 attacks.
It says in the Codex that Tactical Squad has Bolter, Bolt Pistol, does not specify if the sergeant is different or whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.