Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has played against them yet with any success but they just look lethal from what I have seen.

hitting on 2's for three turns, haywire on a 24" rapid fire gun, -1 to all cover saves, the extra 3" any time they move, 6's turning into extra hits as per tesla, lowering my toughness, AP2 weapons that strike at initiative.

This looks like I would spend more time taking models off the board than actually playing the game.

So what are some methods that you have effective against them?

· Premium Member
12,822 Posts
Flyers. The best AA they have are TL Snapfires with BS2 outside of Onagers, but Onagers are much better equipped for other tasks IMHO that if you feel you should take them because of the Icarus Array, you're wasting ability.

I like their Deep Striking Relentless Heavy Grav Cannon formation.

· Rattlehead
6,727 Posts
They're really fragile for the points. Guardsmen with Carapace Armour drop like flies to any of the high RoF AP4 anti-infantry guns (Heavy Bolters, Autocannons, Gauss Blasters - those kind of guns). Inexperienced/less competent Skitarii players can also end up opening themselves up with the downsides of a Doctrina Imperative - sure, they go to BS7, but WS1 (maybe 2? Kind of irrelevant either way) is a pretty significant debuff if you're in a position to take advantage of it.

Their Battle Servitors, the Grav Cannon/2-shot Plasma Cannon dudes, are really slow. They have a huge damage output, but I've seen games where they've done nothing due to being out-deployed or out-maneuvered.

· Jeepers
1,354 Posts
They're really fragile for the points. Guardsmen with Carapace Armour drop like flies to any of the high RoF AP4 anti-infantry guns (Heavy Bolters, Autocannons, Gauss Blasters - those kind of guns). Inexperienced/less competent Skitarii players can also end up opening themselves up with the downsides of a Doctrina Imperative - sure, they go to BS7, but WS1 (maybe 2? Kind of irrelevant either way) is a pretty significant debuff if you're in a position to take advantage of it.

Their Battle Servitors, the Grav Cannon/2-shot Plasma Cannon dudes, are really slow. They have a huge damage output, but I've seen games where they've done nothing due to being out-deployed or out-maneuvered.
This pretty much combined with flyers. The lack of Flyer and Anti Flyer in the army hurts a lot, Cult Mechanicus doesn't have any AA, Skitarii has the Onager but whenever you use it on flyers, you just feel like it could be doing more. I've only got a few games in with my Ad Mech so I'm far from a pro at this but that's my opinion. They have enough Haywire so if you can hit with Snap Shots, you can get lucky to do something but I'm becoming a of the opinion the best way to get AA in to the army is to use the data slate that's Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and a Knight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.