Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has played against them yet with any success but they just look lethal from what I have seen.

hitting on 2's for three turns, haywire on a 24" rapid fire gun, -1 to all cover saves, the extra 3" any time they move, 6's turning into extra hits as per tesla, lowering my toughness, AP2 weapons that strike at initiative.

This looks like I would spend more time taking models off the board than actually playing the game.

So what are some methods that you have effective against them?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
They're really fragile for the points. Guardsmen with Carapace Armour drop like flies to any of the high RoF AP4 anti-infantry guns (Heavy Bolters, Autocannons, Gauss Blasters - those kind of guns). Inexperienced/less competent Skitarii players can also end up opening themselves up with the downsides of a Doctrina Imperative - sure, they go to BS7, but WS1 (maybe 2? Kind of irrelevant either way) is a pretty significant debuff if you're in a position to take advantage of it.

Their Battle Servitors, the Grav Cannon/2-shot Plasma Cannon dudes, are really slow. They have a huge damage output, but I've seen games where they've done nothing due to being out-deployed or out-maneuvered.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
They're really fragile for the points. Guardsmen with Carapace Armour drop like flies to any of the high RoF AP4 anti-infantry guns (Heavy Bolters, Autocannons, Gauss Blasters - those kind of guns). Inexperienced/less competent Skitarii players can also end up opening themselves up with the downsides of a Doctrina Imperative - sure, they go to BS7, but WS1 (maybe 2? Kind of irrelevant either way) is a pretty significant debuff if you're in a position to take advantage of it.

Their Battle Servitors, the Grav Cannon/2-shot Plasma Cannon dudes, are really slow. They have a huge damage output, but I've seen games where they've done nothing due to being out-deployed or out-maneuvered.
This pretty much combined with flyers. The lack of Flyer and Anti Flyer in the army hurts a lot, Cult Mechanicus doesn't have any AA, Skitarii has the Onager but whenever you use it on flyers, you just feel like it could be doing more. I've only got a few games in with my Ad Mech so I'm far from a pro at this but that's my opinion. They have enough Haywire so if you can hit with Snap Shots, you can get lucky to do something but I'm becoming a of the opinion the best way to get AA in to the army is to use the data slate that's Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and a Knight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.