Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every action has a reaction and whatever happens you should always have a counter-measure against it.

In this thread I want us to counter the last post. I will start with an example and anyone may counter what I did. Try to think like it acctualy happened in a game and what you would do. Taking counter-measures from your own armies and those you are familjär with will keep this thread interesting and inspirering.

There is a bliv of Geq holding an objectives deep behind enemy lines. I deepstrike a squad of swooping hawks beside them, drooping a pieplate ontop off them and finishes them with lasblaster-fire.

Now, counter that!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Typically, I counter DS units through deployment, movement, and what I hold in Reserves in my army.

The more I try to type a response to this the less I understand what the hell I'm saying. Maybe I just don't get this post despite wanting to talk tactics...why not post your Eldar list and see what people bring to counter it as opposed to saying "you just got a unit wiped off the table, how do you react?" 'cuz I guarantee I will react with a shrug and look at what else you have on table before even considering retaliating against the Hawks.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your answer is : I ignore your hawks and instead place my Ap3 pieplate ontop off you wraithguard? Good we can continue.

Now this is was not thought of a discussion thread.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Have Coteaz near enough to fire as the SH arrive. Have a quad gun on intercept fire on the SH as they arrive. These are the first things that come to mind.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Can hawks take haywire grenades??

If so, my thoughts would be go vehicle hunting instead or if you insist on going for troops take the sunrifle & hope for blinding everyone when you arrive.....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well again. This was not a question/discussion thread. I deep striked a squad of SH. Now anyone always keep a unit backfield to counter deepstrikers. He writes that he sends squad C as in counter against them. Next who post will write what unit he used against squad C and then forward. It was ment as a game.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I target your predator executioner with three dark lances from my nightshielded, flickerfielded ravager!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire! a unit of 50 conscripts at 12'' out from that combat squad of melta-toting veterans... (and this answer works on all non-vehicle models that aren't T7 or better, too-- it's funny what 150 shots accomplishes...)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I take a 10 man Legion Heavy Support squad, all equipped with Volkite Culverins with a Master of Signals. His ability makes them BS 5. Since the Culverins are S6 AP5 with 4 shots, that makes 27 wound which the conscripts get no armour saves from (IIRC). Due to deflagrate, the conscripts suffer another 27 hits from the Volkites, leading to another 23 wounds which they get no armour saves from. If anything's left, the Master of Signal gets D3 S8 AP3 Large Blasts on them.

That should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
@Vaz i think you are missing the point of the game ;)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ehm...again. the game is to post aunit, countered by another unit. just like they are popping out from nowhere. the previous battle is non existant. otherwise i could say that your Predator cannot be there because in my army i have a vindicare assassin.
wait i never said i had a vindicare. true.
just like you never said your executioner was squadroned :p

BTW @Deus Mortis , your 10 man Legion Heavy Support squad is assaulted by a Bloodthirster. Splortch! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
How many attacks does a Bloodthirster have on the charge?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
How many attacks does a Bloodthirster have on the charge?
8, plus one from HoW and a lash of khorne for a str 6 AP2 before charging.
Maybe you'll have a couple of surviving marines fleeing from combat. Since they cannot be swept away, he is still stuck in cc, saving the beastie from some nasty fire during your turn (in which he will owever eat alive your survivors) ;)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i see your anggrath with an emperor titan shooting all weapons on him

1 - 20 of 22 Posts