Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well there is always the fact that he could still be alive, and that he didn't die. The world will never know

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure the point was he let himself die, he knew how he would die, who would kill him, its what he wanted, so he got rid of his guards and let mshen kill him
how the hell did he know she was coming?

(she must of been highly skilled if the emperor tasked her to kill him) so could curze of beat her?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
how the hell did he know she was coming?

(she must of been highly skilled if the emperor tasked her to kill him) so could curze of beat her?
The Emperor told Curze she was coming.

It seems that M'shen displeased the Emperor while en route to where Curze was. According to a Farseer who tagged along with the Eldar raiders who attacked the palace as soon as the Night Haunter was killed, M'shen earned the wrath of the Emperor for refusing to destroy her favorite weapon which was part of a C'tan.

But not any C'tan. Rather, the very same one the Emperor fought and banished to Mars. So it all makes sense to you now I hope. If you need sources, please contact me via PM.

Well there is always the fact that he could still be alive, and that he didn't die. The world will never know
I'm of the opinion that because he was killed with a weapon that was part of a C'tan, his essence was in fact sent to another dimension. It makes sense because the C'tan, which are not beings of the warp, somehow were able to devour the souls / life essences of the Necrons during their bio-transference.

So it's most likely that he is alive. Just not his boody.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm of the opinion that because he was killed with a weapon that was part of a C'tan, his essence was in fact sent to another dimension. It makes sense because the C'tan, which are not beings of the warp, somehow were able to devour the souls / life essences of the Necrons during their bio-transference.

So it's most likely that he is alive. Just not his boody.

Similar I also believe that in all likelihood his body was indeed killed that day, however his soul/essence was sucked into/trapped in the Corona Nox (the Crown he wore). I believe that the gem that rested within the corona Nox was indeed a soul stone, which is why the Eldar wanted his crown so badly because it was a lost soul stone. Furthermore Curze stated that whenever he wore the Corona Nox his mind was at rest, that the whispers of the warp could no longer touch him which further convinces me it is a soul stone of some sort.

In all honesty I believe Games workshop has left every primarchs dead or alive status ambiguous, so that in the case they decide to bring any of them back they are easily able to do so.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
stuff.....
I'm arguing against chlorine trifluoride.....but no, it is an adamantine crown with 1 diamond and multiple rubies, from the mouth of Sahaal. However it is possible that it has/had become corrupted, or blessed, to a degree from being worn by the Night Haunter, as Sahaal claims it soothed him.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Similar I also believe that in all likelihood his body was indeed killed that day, however his soul/essence was sucked into/trapped in the Corona Nox (the Crown he wore). I believe that the gem that rested within the corona Nox was indeed a soul stone, which is why the Eldar wanted his crown so badly because it was a lost soul stone. Furthermore Curze stated that whenever he wore the Corona Nox his mind was at rest, that the whispers of the warp could no longer touch him which further convinces me it is a soul stone of some sort.

In all honesty I believe Games workshop has left every primarchs dead or alive status ambiguous, so that in the case they decide to bring any of them back they are easily able to do so.
Ah a disciple of the Corona Nox school of thought. I can't recall the last time I encountered one.

A sound theory Lux, however, the fact that part of a C'tan was used to slay the Night Haunter is too big a coincidence to simply write off.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Ah a disciple of the Corona Nox school of thought. I can't recall the last time I encountered one.

A sound theory Lux, however, the fact that part of a C'tan was used to slay the Night Haunter is too big a coincidence to simply write off.
I agree that the a piece of a C'Tan took part in Curze's demise is by no means meaningless, furthermore I believe the C'Tan and the primarchs share a connection. I have theorized that the Emperor used the Warp in the creation of the primarchs, however I also believe he used C'Tan technology gained from his victory over the Void dragon.

The weapon used to kill Curze being C'Tan in origin, and the fact that he wore a Eldar Spirit stone (theory) is extremely significant. In part because the C'Tan and Eldar have been at war since the beginning of the war of heaven, which makes the connection between Curze's demise, the weapon used to kill him, and why the eldar wanted his crown so bad all the more mysterious.

To sum it up I believe the primarchs were created through a combination of C'Tan technology, warp infused power, and the Emperor's intellect in using them in tandem with one another. Afterall C'Tan technology seems to mesh very well with primarchs, such an example would be Ferrus Manus and his C'Tan covered arms which in turn granted him innate knowledge of technology.

Who knows how that C'Tan blade affected Curze, or how it interacted with the Corona nox, maybe his soul melded with the C'Tan blade which was in fact a C'Tan shard.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I am pretty sure I read on ADB's blog that he hs no intention of discussing or expanding on Sahaal or the Corona Nox.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I am pretty sure I read on ADB's blog that he hs no intention of discussing or expanding on Sahaal or the Corona Nox.
Not until Games Workshop tells him they want to keep Curze's status of being alive or dead ambiguous as possible, then he will expand on it.

However as prior stated, after reading Malus Darkblade's posts I too believe that the C'Tan blade may have absorbed Curze's soul if the corona nox did not. That or I believe the C'Tan blade as Malus stated may have sent Curze into another reality, depending upon which C'tan that blade and or shard comes from.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
the C'tan, which are not beings of the warp, somehow were able to devour the souls / life essences of the Necrons during their bio-transference.
Just a quick correction; The c'tan have never been able to feed on souls. Souls are psychic energy and cannot be manipulated in any way by the c'tan directly. They feed on life essence.

The process of biotransference was a case of the necrons no longer needing their flesh bodies due to having their minds and memories transferred into the crystalline lattices of necron constructs. Their flesh bodies were left behind for their life energies to be consumed. The necrontyr were essentially rendered extinct and their souls (if any) would simply be lost to the warp.

·
Registered
633 Posts
To ask a question about whether a Primarch could have killed a Callidus Assassin would be like asking if Superman could handle killing Daredevil.When Batman dreams what he'd be with Superman's abilities, he's the Night Haunter. So to answer this question that has been answered in MULTIPLE BOOKS, AUDIO DRAMAS, AND EBOOKS:

"Your presence does not surprise me, Assassin. I have known of you ever since your craft entered the Eastern Fringes. Why did I not have you killed? Because your mission and the act you are about to commit proves the truth of all I have ever said or done. I merely punished those who had wronged, just as your false Emperor now seeks to punish me. Death is nothing compared to vindication."[1]
The vid-log then shows M'Shen leaping forward, although the kill was never confirmed, as the video feed cuts out right before they fight. It is believed that Night Haunter allowed himself to be killed: he saw himself as a murderous and corrupt villain, the very thing he sought to destroy. Regardless, his final words are considered one of the great enigmas to the Imperium's history.[1]- From the Lexicanum (a pretty easy source to find this out)

Curze had always envisioned his death and it was the Emperor's arrival that tipped him off that the time and events were drawing near. He knew he'd become the monster he'd always fought against and knew that he too should be subject to his own form of justice and allow the assassin to kill him. The fact that she was defeated by Talos one on one should let you know that if she'd faced the Primarch who was unwilling to die, she'd have at best been brutalized and murdered. That's if Curze was in a good mood.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
M'Shen was the very best the Callidus Temple had to offer (Nemesis), and she still wouldn't have stood a chance imo, none at all.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
He quite comprehensively destroyed her. She was admittedly weakened it says from her escape and she lost a hand to an Eldar. However, Talos still destroys her with almost contemptuous ease I would say.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
M'Shen was the very best the Callidus Temple had to offer (Nemesis), and she still wouldn't have stood a chance imo, none at all.
This pretty much. If Curze had wanted to kill her there would have been nothing she could have done stop him. I am even willing to go as far as to say the fight would have lasted a handful of seconds, tops.

Primarchs are just that far above anything else in the Imperium. Pretty much anything short of titans, their own siblings, their father, or greater daemons wouldn't stand a chance of taking out a primarch face-to-face if the primarch was taking it seriously. And even titans and daemons have a pretty poor record against primarchs, as things stand...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts