Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Don't navigators do that in the Astronomicon?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Jaq Draco spoke with all 7 of the Emperor's personalities. The Emperor himself guided Draco past the security forces and froze time to speak with him. In other words if the Emperor wants you to commune with him, you will. Otherwise, I don't see anyone being that powerful.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't navigators do that in the Astronomicon?
No, the Astronomican is a beacon of golden light in the swirling un-colours of the Warp...navigators don't commune with the Emperor (as in talk to the Big E's spirit form)

Jaq Draco spoke with all 7 of the Emperor's personalities. The Emperor himself guided Draco past the security forces and froze time to speak with him. In other words if the Emperor wants you to commune with him, you will. Otherwise, I don't see anyone being that powerful.
Yes...but the Inquisitor series is no longer canon is it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
The Emperor's got a lot on his immaterial plate, what with directing the Astronomicon, maintaining the weakened link with his physical body, focusing his multitudinous personas, holding back the innumerable forces of darkness, etc. and doesn't really have the time for chatting up mortals. Even a powerful psyker would probably be unable to commune with the Emperor's soul unless the latter wished it, and if they tried to force it, I imagine it would end up like that angel-communing psychic on Supernatural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3POm9qT1d_8#t=36s

Astropaths get to witness the tiniest sliver of his psychic presence, and even that reduces them to blind emaciates. Imagine what a full-on communion would do.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
All sanctioned psykers undergo a soul binding. I think that's almost as close as you can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts