Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Coteaz can only be used via an Inquisitorial Detachment, and does not count as the HQ selection for your Combined Arms/Allied Detachment of Guard. You're still looking at 1 HQ and 2 Troops for Guard with the options you're familiar with, and then 1 compulsory HQ with one more optional and 3 (I want to say) optional Elites selections for the Inquisitorial Detachment.

The Inq. Detachment can be your Primary one and Coteaz can be the Warlord, but you still will need a valid HQ option from the AM 'dex.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Inq. Detachment can be your Primary one and Coteaz can be the Warlord, but you still will need a valid HQ option from the AM 'dex.
Ntaw:

When I try to write the list in Battlescribe it keep saying that I need 2 troops choices for the Inquistion detachment, is this correct? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
When I try to write the list in Battlescribe it keep saying that I need 2 troops choices for the Inquistion detachment, is this correct? Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
Did you set the inquisitorial detachment as an inquisitorial detachment or combined arms detachment?

Just checked it on battlescribe and when the inquisition portion was set to inquisitorial detachment I was given no issues with just the one HQ.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Quick quick! Yeah, you gotta scroll forever sometimes to find the right Detachment/Codex combo. Sometimes my Battlescribe likes to sort it by alphabet, sometimes it likes randomizing it. Such fun...when it doesn't crash.

Battlescribe has been upsetting me more and more as the updates come out. Maybe I need a new phone or something, but god damn it used to run perfectly.

EDIT: also, @HokieHWT if you want to tag a person in a post to get their attention without quoting stuff toss an @ symbol in front of their user name.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The real interesting thing is, at least to me, is this list is for league play called "Road to the NOVA Open", local qualifiers and fundraising for the tournament and you have to send in your attachments and list for everyone to see. My Primary Attachment is listed as Inquisition and secondary AM, even though it's only 100 points and 1 model of Inquisition...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
My Primary Attachment is listed as Inquisition and secondary AM, even though it's only 100 points and 1 model of Inquisition...
There's no qualification for points on your Primary Detachment thankfully. It even states right at the beginning of the 'Including Inquisitors in Your Army' section:

When you choose an army, Inquisitors may be taken as a primary detachment or as a
special form of allied detachment known as an Inquisitorial detachment.
Unless there's some Detachment restriction thing going specific to the Tournament this is all perfectly legitimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts