Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are the shooting attacks from Inquisitor Coteaz’s I’ve Been
Expecting You special rule fired?

Basically, I arrive from reserve with my bikes outside his firing range using outflank, then drive into his firing range using my movement, can he shoot me at any point in my movement phase that I am within range, he just declares it, then I finish my movement after?

Q: When are the shooting attacks from Inquisitor Coteaz’s I’ve Been
Expecting You special rule fired? (p45)
A: They are fired as soon as a unit that is a valid target is placed
on the board. Once the shooting attacks have been resolved,
the unit can complete its move. If the unit is arriving by Deep
Strike, this will be after the scatter has been resolved.
How reading it, it says I can do what I said as when I was "Placed" on the table I was outside.

Your thoughts? as I will be playing him in a small tourney tomorrow and would like to not have my guys shot to crap when they arrive.

Cheers in advise and rep will be given (although not much to give)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Well it says "When if an enemy unit arrives from reserves withing 12" of Coteaz and within his line of sight...". Since you arrived outside of the 12" bubble from reserve Coteaz and his unit would not be able to fire on you.

Once you have deployed, if you then move into the 12" bubble, nothing happens because you are simply moving, not 'arriving' as stated in the rules. So you could arrive 15" away, say, and then move your 12" and be within 3" of Coteaz and co and they would not be able to shoot you because you arrived outside of the 12" range.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What he said. And, the FAQ you posted says after the shooting attack is resolved the arriving unit may complete its move. If you have completed your move then the shooting attack can no longer be resolved.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
So long as the entire unit is on the board before any single model in the unit is within range of Coteaz you would be fine.

Once the last model of the unit is on the board the the unit can be considered to have "arrived" so when you're moving on when Coteaz is about you need to make the minimum move to get a unit on the board and then move off to complete the move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts