Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so how many points should i add to a squad of loyal space marines for them all to have ccw... since it's not in the codex i think i need to figure some point cost out... any1 care to gimme an estimate?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It is in the codex.

It's in Traits pp 45-48. The 'points cost' is a disadvantage.

Or you make them veterans. Or a command squad. Or an assault squad, without jump packs, and probably mounted in a landraider. Those are the ways you can have a cc-armed space marine squad, IIRC.

And really if it's not in the codex, I would say the question shouldn't be "can you help me figure out points cost" but "would you play against a list if I did... this?"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well anyone want to tell me their.... *lucky number* or "how many cats they have?" or another strategically placed number? or just send me a PM?

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's not an option, so it's a house rule anyway.

I'd said +3 pts / model would be fair for +1A on a BA Marine.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
OK, first point, you didn't say in the BA dex, so forgive me for assuming Codex SM.

Second point, just as you can have an assault squad without jumppacks in Codex SM, so you can in Codex BA. Troop choice, free rhino, and whatever the point cost is for an assault squad, that's how you get a cc-armed non-jump-pack squad using Codex BA, which is what you're after. Sorted.

Of course, if that's not what you're after, what you're asking is more or less "can I have some advantages that the writers of the codex didn't see fit to give me?" to which my answer would be "yeah - but pay BA prices for squads while you give up the Death Company".

In other words, I'd make you pay more than you would to build your army from Codex SM.

Harsh? Yeah, that's me...

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
If you normally have Bolters and want BP/CCW and you can normally swap then its usually free. Now seeing how CCW are about as usefull as a BP I would look at the price of your BP if would like to see how much a CCW should cost if its not in your Dex and your making your own special unit that is not in your dex which you require your opponents permission to play against. Seeing how Chaos gets it for free along with their bolters I for see SMs getting it in the future and so I dont think you'll have to much griping about playing with them.

Again.... my answer look at the price of BPs and see if you think thats fair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts