Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running any corsair lists mind sharing i looking for some ideas for the list i writing

lookin to make a list for 1850 , but 1.5k, 2k will will be useful

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
So far the only thing I've really decided on are the following:

3 Cloud Dancers in a Titan Killer Coterie with Dark Lances = 120 points. Add a Baron with a Shadowfield for... 75 to tank for the squad. It's expensive, but extremely mobile, T4, 3+/2++ (sort of) with rerollable lances against vehicles. Makes for a great tank hunting unit.

The other option is MUCH more expensive, but....

Prince with Combat Drugs, Cloud Dancer, Void Saber, Shadowfield.
3 Cloud Dancers, upgrade to Felarchs with Voidblades, plus Combat Drugs.
Attach a baron with Shadowfield and Void Saber.

Extremely expensive, about 300 points for a heavy hammer unit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seel i been working to a lynx, pheonix bomber , and 2x nightwings in a sky burner atm for just turn 2 deep striking death

·
Registered
358 Posts
Princes with a shadowfield and void sabers on a bike are great additions to a council, you can also give him the ITWND trait as he can't be pinned on a bike :) Makes a very nice tank

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I just posted my CWE/Corsair/Harlequin list in this board a couple days ago.

I considered IWND, but refused to give up combat drugs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just picked up a pheonix bomber and plan to match it with a squad of nightwings (2x crimson hunters i alrdy have ) for a nice flying wing

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I haven't seen that particular formation, but I really love Crimson Death, so I don't really need more fliers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not a formation in itself but 2 nightwings get a reroll to come on if an emermy flier came on in the previous turn and 1 weapon becomes twin linked when shooting at fliers (pulse laser or 1 of 2 shuri cannons) and the bomber just ground pounds

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
its not a formation in itself but 2 nightwings get a reroll to come on if an emermy flier came on in the previous turn and 1 weapon becomes twin linked when shooting at fliers (pulse laser or 1 of 2 shuri cannons) and the bomber just ground pounds
I've heard great things about Nightwings, I admit. I just don't feel they compare to the Hunters, especially in the CD formation. the formation gets the 4++ save rerollable, and you're already using twin linked bright lances. I also tend to use an Autarch, so I'm not so concerned about being able to automatically bring the fliers out.

I agree about the Phoenix, and I am planning on converting a Voidraven for one, since my Crimson Hunters come from Razorwings.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i looking at my first corsair list with the models i have in a normal CAD no fancyness and i worked out the shots and it seems too many lol what u guys think
18x shuri cannon
4 x flamer
4x melta
36x lasblaster
48x poison
4+
1x pulsar
14, str 8 ap2 lance
10 str8 ap2
and thats missing the hq coz i dont know how i goin to run it yet at this point its 1640 of the 1850 list

1 - 10 of 10 Posts