Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon chaps

After much deliberation and play testing I've come up with the perfect tactics for dealing with any lord of war model when playing a standard game of 40k

1. Allow your opponent to deploy first making sure he takes as long as he wants to correctly set up his force

2. Analyse his deployment carefully, picking up on any potential weak points in his line

3. Go over to his side of the table to make sure you can see his placement of his LOW accurately

4. Whilst on his side of the table, turn to face him, slap him hard across the face or throw cup of tea at him and repeat these words:

"This is 40k! Not epic or apocalypse you friendless, win at all costs, beardy twat! Such models do not belong in a game designed for skirmishes in the future! I'm conceding because my time is precious to me and I don't wish to waste it playing a one sided boring game against some wanker with more money than sense that only cares about winning and that can't think tactically or put a decent list together to save his pathetic life! Enjoy your empty win you shit head"

5. Shake hands (manners cost nothing)

6. Go see how your friends are getting on and warn them about twat-face McDickheaderson on table 4 with a Titan.

I hope this is useful to you. Good luck out there to all you real gamers

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well, certainly i will not do this versus a daemonic 2+ invuln flying circus or eldar seer deathstar on jetbikes, nor should do this to that guy that always brings Tau/Dar with broadside fire support dataslate and...oh, well.
Don't be so itchy about Lords of War. They go down with 6-8 melta hits and cost 1/3 of your army.
If you play for victory alone, you leave the LoW at home. Adapt to fight those beasties like you adepted to fight flyiers and relax. And if you are one of those who relies on deathstar units and you cry to mommy cause a stormsword has killed your precious 10 models in a single shot i say: it was damn time.
Suddenly deathstars become less and less powerful, we have a way to surprise our cheese loving friends and you complain because you lost a couple of games? next time bring a more rounded list and again, do not specialize on a build.
That's what i think about LoW: they are funny and imprves the game. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe me I do not play to win, I don't take Death Star units in fact I've been known to take fairly weak armies in the past purely because they look aesthetically pleasing and the theme of my army dictates that I don't really have powerful units. I don't find it fine that my rounded army will get tabled in turn two because it's not specifically geared up to take out a LOW. They ruin the game

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
so, if you are pitted against a tau/dar cheese army? it ruins the game more, i think. you can have fluffy and cool armies even by adding 3-4 meltaguns. either you accept the fact that you have to change your list building routine or either agree with the opponent that no escaltion is allowed. but i'm really at a loss on how a baneblade could be worse than the above mentionet jetbike deathstar... just because it can table you turn 2 instead of 3?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not talking about fighting tau eldar combined forces (something else that shouldn't be allowed might I add, you should have to pick an army and stick with it, not just cherry pick the best parts from 2 armies) I'm talking about facing a bohemoth of war that is incredibly difficult to take down if you don't have a boat load of meltas AND are extremely lucky enough to get close enough to use them. You say they're a third of your army points wise, they're more powerful than a third of most armies, hell they're more powerful than most armies full stop, you have to be extremely fortunate to take a LOW out whereas a LOW just has to roll averagely to wipe out several whole squads per turn, it doesn't make sense to allow them in 40k and you can't agree with your opponent not to allow escalation at tournaments, they're in, full stop.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ally two 15 strong Necron warriors units in Night Scythes.

Glance them all to hell.

Also, you do know that you are able to access a special Warlord table that specifically helps against LoWs if your opponent fields one and you don't?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Eldar are not overpowered.

Tau are not overpowered.

Screamerstar is not overpowered.

11 out of 16 Lords of War are not overpowered. Two are actively bad, one so much so that's it's essentially unusable.

The remaining 5 have hard counters that are available to every army and dirt-cheap.

STFU.jpg

40k is not perfectly balanced. But fucking hell, shut up and learn to play well if you can't beat Eldar or Tau. They have very blatant weaknesses that you can exploit the shit out of.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
That little rant sounds like it belongs in the "VENT" Sticky in the Off-Topic Sub-Forum. Moderators, where art thou?

In any case LOW are the least of your concern, especially with all these new units that GW is cooking up. No different from Grey Knights, so keep your head calm and cool, and focus on showing the wanker up :)

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
As long as a Lords of War isn't carrying a Ranged D weapon, they are not that Bad. (I have won every game I have played against a LOW).

The games have been challenging and a great break from the normal games.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Eldar are not overpowered.

40k is not perfectly balanced. But fucking hell, shut up and learn to play well if you can't beat Eldar or Tau. They have very blatant weaknesses that you can exploit the shit out of.
namely, heldrake... :D

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
are you suggesting that even the defiler could be useful in this case? or aren't we just talking about heldrake, noise marines & obliterator spam?
just to ask :) (and sorry for the OT)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Defilers could be useful in pretty much any scenario you want to name, they're just 70+pts overpriced at any given role and take up slots that are far better occupied by units that aren't horrifically overpriced.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
That little rant sounds like it belongs in the "VENT" Sticky in the Off-Topic Sub-Forum. Moderators, where art thou?
Generaly speaking the report button is how bring attentention to posts you think break rules or are misplaced, not posting in the thread praying for mods. We may be fairly powerful on the board but we are not dieties and thus cannot hear your prayers for aid. :grin:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts