Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this, so i'm putting it here.
Quick question. Is Primarch Corax still alive in the Eye of Terror? Does anyone know of any possible sources that offer any hints as to his fate?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
this would be more at home in the general 40k section

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Corax

As always, if you dont know something then go to wiki... I was chatting about the various Primarcs yesterday and we had to visit wiki for a several of them, but found lot of it was wrong- so look at your peril... anyone who really knows the background could give you a much better sum-up, or at least tell you what wiki has utterly wrong, but thats not me :p

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
There are a few elements of that wiki article where you can tell the person who edited it has let their personal bias come to the fore, certain words chosen here and there that imply something not implied in the original text, but for the most part it's accurate.

The last recorded info regarding Corax is when he leaves Deliverance, unlike the other Primarchs who disappeared the Lord of Ravens is the only one where this tale is never presented in an altered form (unlike Russ who has a half dozen stories and reasons to why he left).

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think He's alive i also believe He's searching for something in the eye terror
Why did Leman Russ go to the eye of terror? Just read that on lexicanum, and I wondered if he had gone after Corax. Many questions, so few answers. Sad day

What do you think he's looking for anyway?

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Russ? Its believed he went to the Eye in order to find something that would restore the Emperor, heal him of his mortal wounds so that he could lead humanity again.

At least, thats the reason I remember reading about him going; and it is said that he would return for what the Space Wolves know as the wolftime, which is the time in which the final battles will occur and everything will end. (Last I remember anyway.)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Why did Leman Russ go to the eye of terror?
better bars and hookers than in the Imperium; don't you know Russ has been on 10K year pub crawl?

TBH, aside from the one or two primarchs who disappeared in the middle of chasing/fighting some other faction (like Khan) there's not telling why some of the primarchs that disappeared did so: potentially they're on a mission from the Emperor and only they know about it and GW has never confirmed or denied any of that.

for an old throwback (and i don't know if this has been altered) it could be that members of the Inquisition, any surviving Sisters of Silence, the Custodes and a handful of primarchs could be the Illuminati, a shadowy group tasked to finding the sensei, who are somehow related to the Emperor.

IIRC, the goal of the Illuminati is to find the sensei and do something with them (the Illuminati killing the sensei, perhaps? i don't know...) to reinvigorate the soul of the Emperor and make him come back from the brink of death to walk amongst mankind.

i luvs me 40K fluff...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Russ? Its believed he went to the Eye in order to find something that would restore the Emperor, heal him of his mortal wounds so that he could lead humanity again.

At least, thats the reason I remember reading about him going; and it is said that he would return for what the Space Wolves know as the wolftime, which is the time in which the final battles will occur and everything will end. (Last I remember anyway.)
yeah that's true about russ but i was thinking about corax since its fishy that he went eye terror i mean why there?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
yeah that's true about russ but i was thinking about corax since its fishy that he went eye terror i mean why there?
Well we know he was feeling incredibly guilty because of his actions during the Heresy/Scouring so it's possible he headed towards the Eye to die in penance.

Of the Primarchs who decided to leave (Corax, Vulkan, and Russ) he was the only one who didn't promise his sons he would return.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I believe that as Spikey said, Corax was the only one of the three to not promise he would return to them. At least I remember Vulkan saying something to that effect, since there is that whole deal of recovering his artifacts and the tome of fire prophecy (or what not) which will supposedly result in his return to the Imperium.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is it just me, or was Corax a big baby? He got beat up by his brothers(Istavaan III?). He then tried to cheat to get back(enhanced growth and such). He gets found out/cought(massively messed up marines). He runs and locks himself in his room(tower). A year later, he runs away from home(to eye of terror), overheard saying,"Never more."(I ain't playin'). Sounds a bit like a sore loser to me.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Is it just me, or was Corax a big baby? He got beat up by his brothers(Istavaan III?). He then tried to cheat to get back(enhanced growth and such). He gets found out/cought(massively messed up marines). He runs and locks himself in his room(tower). A year later, he runs away from home(to eye of terror), overheard saying,"Never more."(I ain't playin'). Sounds a bit like a sore loser to me.
The fact that he messed with things he was never allowed to mess with, and that when the Legions broke up he personally went and executed each and every one of the monsters he had created, monsters that were his sons for all intents and purposes...yeah that would fuck anyone up.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Well don't forget that the Emperor supposedly told him to go back to Deliverance and rebuild so that he could help. He knew that he needed to act fast and decided to forgo the risks in order to try and stop Horus; but in the end was to late and the only thing left was for him to reap the damage he had created.

If what he did was learned by others, not entirely sure they were planning on doing anything about it. They would have known some of his reasons, and the Imperium at that time was far more forgiving than it is now. So other than those marines being monsters Corax was responsible for creating, not sure there would have been any actual fallout for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts