Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly cant remember where i saw this bit of fluff but im certain it was in a codex/rulebook/whitedwarf and therefor canon.

Either way im sure i read once in a bit of fluff that was talking about the black library mention a raven haired individual being allowed entry by the guardians. Sure there was something else indicating it could be talking about Corax. But as i cant remember for the life of me where i saw it not much help, just wondering if anyone else can remember seeing it

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmm im sure ive read this too, i think it was one of the first lot of pages in the old rulebook or maybe on lex i cant remember but im sure it has something to do with keeping the ctan dragon trapped via a sacrifice or i might be going off on a completly different track haha :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
If it's talking about the Black Library, it's likely to have been in the Inquisition War trilogy, probably the final book.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Perhaps you mixed it up with Jaghatai Khan? From what I know the Black Library is in the Webway and he was last seen entering it. I honestly have never seen this anywhere, though as far as I know, Corax took his shuttle/ship/whatever into the Eye of Terror.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
It would be interesting if a primarch is just chilling in the black library to this day. Maybe a chaos primarch since it is a fountain of info on chaos-maybe other alpha legion primarch.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reason i thought it was Corax was i seem to remember him being mentioned previously. Anyone got Index Astarted for Raven Guard? Plus only very special people get let into the library. If Corax was going in their to udnerstand how to defeat chaos im sure they would grant him entry.

Quite amusing if Ahriman finally got in only to walk round a bookshelf straight into Corax, mega "oh ffs......" moment

·
Registered
87 Posts
If Corax was going in their to udnerstand how to defeat chaos im sure they would grant him entry.
In 10,000 years what, a handful of humans have gained entry to the Black Library. I don't think it is as easy as you think.

But I did hear question number 5 on the Black Library Entry Request Form, "Are you here to learn how to defeat Chaos?" trips everyone up.:biggrin:

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah but thats what i mean, if its only a handful its going to be the best of them. I can see a Primarch falling into the pretty fucking special category.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Arghh need to remember where i read it. Well the Eldar have let in Inqusitors, The Illuminati and Sensei. Why let them in but not a Primarch

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Because all those individuals have extensive knowledge of Chaos and have shown that they oppose it with every fibre of their being, and it's not like the majority of Inquisitors are allowed in (certainly not double figures in 10,000 years) whilst we don't even know if the Illuminati and Sensei are still part of the 40k background.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Why let them in but not a Primarch
Could be some petty bitterness; they did try to deal with the primarchs directly in order to stop terrible things from happening (such as the Heresy) and things ended up going less than swell. The primarchs themselves may have been so sure of things that the Eldar just cannot allow such being to have access to the black library for fear of what they might do with it.

The few they do let in, they are far easier for the Eldar to manipulate or control. So to some degree they know what they will do with the information; primarchs are much more of a mystery and near impossible for the Eldar to manipulate.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Yeah but thats what i mean, if its only a handful its going to be the best of them. I can see a Primarch falling into the pretty fucking special category.
How is a Primarch the best of them? The individuals that have been admitted entrence are ones that have been judged pure and untained by Chaos, and have a darn good reason and purpose for needing to be let into the Black Library. If anything all the Primarchs were/are tainted by Chaos to varying degrees, and most of them are by no means 'pure'.

Still thought Corax would be pretty dedicated to the total destruction of Chaos
Maybe not as dedicated as the Harlequins would like...

Take into account that all of the human individuals that have been let into the Black Library are those whose opposition to Chaos is not even remotely in question, they are unswervingly oppossed to it. That is not necessarily the case with Corax or any of the other Primarchs for that matter.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hardly see Inqusitors as 'pure' either and are by no means the best humanity has to offer. Then the Illuminati just want to bring the new Empeor about which would ultimately lead to the Eldar getting attacked aswell, yet they still let them in. I can't see why a Primarch like Corax might not be allowed entry, he's proven his loyalty and turned down the chance to join them, i imagine he wants nothing more in life than to defeat chaos.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I hardly see Inqusitors as 'pure' either and are by no means the best humanity has to offer.
Of course they're not. But there are certain individual Inquisitors (like the ones allowed into the Black Library) who are utterly pure and completley dedicated to the war against Chaos.

Then the Illuminati just want to bring the new Empeor about which would ultimately lead to the Eldar getting attacked aswell, yet they still let them in.
Even the Harlequins may see a revived Emperor as the only chance left to defeat Chaos...

And take into account that its not the mainstream Craftworld Eldar who own or even steward the Black Library, its the Harlequins.

I can't see why a Primarch like Corax might not be allowed entry, he's proven his loyalty and turned down the chance to join them, i imagine he wants nothing more in life than to defeat chaos.
All he did was in a roundabout way prove his loyalty to the Emperor (and even that can be questioned considering the fact that he committed his own brand of Heresy during the Horus Heresy), not to the cause of defeating Chaos. Just because he sided with his father during a rebellion by no means makes him pure or unquestionably oppossed to Chaos. Also take into account that the loyalist Primarchs were initially completely unaware that Chaos was the reason behind Horus' rebellion, in their eyes they were challenging a rebel, not a Chaos Lord.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts