Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier we were talking about the rumored release of chapter specific sprues without much detail, and with a little further notice, we have some details that would make a release like this rather fantastic. These look like full on chapter release box kits for your marines, and something that I would love to see.

Chaos Marines would be coming as well.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via Tim on Faeit 212
All Chapters specific Sprues will includes 40 Shoulder Pads incl. Tactical, Assault &; Deva Symbols (exception SW, IH &; BA), Tactical & Devastator Symbols to clue on Heavy Weapons molded Shoulder pads, additional Helmets and shields with Chapter markings.

In addition to the above get the Chapters specific Sprues following additional parts:

Ultramarines: Swords in Gladius design

White Scars: Sabers & Shoulder Pads with fur

Ravenguard: Some MkV Helmets

Iron Hands: Bionics (Legs, Arms and other), Shoulder Pads with Markings of 3 Clans and an Two Hand Hammer

Imperial Fists: More Power Fists

Salamanders: Shoulder pads and other parts with Lizard design

Space Wolves: Shoulder Pads with Markings of 4 Great Companies and addition Heads without Helmets

Blood Angels: Heads without Helmets but with "Wild & Angry" faces, some Bitz with phials and additional close Combat Weapons

Dark Angels: Robes, additional Power Swords and some MkII and MkIII helmets

Current additional Sprues will remain. Chaos Space Marines Legions will get such Spures too.
Via Faeit:http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/01/chapter-specific-sprue-details.html

·
Registered
328 Posts
Imperial Fists: More Power Fists
Wat? That's what they come up with?

"Oh, well they're like called the Imperial Fists right?"
"Yeah."
"So I guess if we've got a weapon called power fist, they'd use a bunch of those then."
"Makes sense."

·
Registered
480 Posts
Im sure Fists will have a bunch of stuff, but thats the most noticable characteristic of the kit.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can't wait for the Chaos sprues, if this is real. World Eaters please!
Lets not forget the brothers of the XIV Legion! Show me Plaguey stuff!

All this salt I am taking with recent rumors is spiking my Blood Pressure...
This is probably the most accurate post I've ever read....

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why wouldn't they? They're crazy if they don't, from my point of view. I could be overestimating the demand, but it seems like we're fiends for customizability and accustomed to paying for it (or building it ourselves, paying less). Depending on the quality, I'd probably be happier buying than creating parts myself, given the time it would save.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I really wouldn't mind picking up a set or two for my dear Dark Angels, i don't have enough any bits to make them more heraldic/ knightly and my sculpting skills have a lot of space for improvement.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Why wouldn't they? They're crazy if they don't, from my point of view. I could be overestimating the demand, but it seems like we're fiends for customizability and accustomed to paying for it (or building it ourselves, paying less). Depending on the quality, I'd probably be happier buying than creating parts myself, given the time it would save.
Same reason they haven't put out Legion or Army Specific Codex's. They can't be bothered. Making individual sprues like this is a lot of work. They used to do it with metal/fine cast for certain chapters but they cost a bomb.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I wonder if this is just an assumption due to the legion box rumor. But with that rumor, all the legion/god stuff is in one box. These are boxes for each chapter? That would be huge!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
It might happen, it wouldn't be the first time they've relaesd chapter specific kits, Iron Hands, Crimson/Imperial Fists and White Scars all have chapter upgrade kits alreday available aleit in metal/finecast. If it does happen I'd imagine them being very small frames similar in size to the vehicle command frame that came with the Apoc formations when they were released back in 2007 and will contain some chapter specific partsd maybe some bionics for IH, a flmer with dragon head, an ornate thunder hammer and dragon scale loin cloth for sallie and maybe five chapter specific shoulder pads, and will likely bedirect only. I can't see, BA or SW getting any love here, because they've already got the Death Company and GreyHunter/Blood Claw kits already availkable, and it's also unlikely that the DA or Templars will get anything either as they already have upgrade sprues themselves, although the later two arer more likely than SW and BA as they are considerably older sprues, so may get a re-cut version with more coponents on the frame.

Edit: It wouls alos be a good way of making chapter specific relics available from supplements like SoT and Raukan.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ouh please let this be true.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I call hokum.

However, I shall have the Kleenex on standby just in case :good:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts