Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around on Army Builder...and came up with this Slaanesh list. I have yet to try Noise Marines...but I'm thinking about proxying them sometime to see how they work. I also haven't tried the Possessed either. I've got 5 from my Battleforce, and I think they might be fun to fool around with. Any ideas on this list? It's kinda Lash/Oblit oriented...with a little Khorney goodness in there, too. I wouldn't say it'll ever be really competitive, but it'll be fun I think!

HQ:
DP w/MoS, wings, LoS - 155

TROOPS:
6 Noise Marines w/BM and 5 SBs (Rhino w/Havoc) - 235
9 Khorne Beserkers w/Skull Champ w/PW (Rhino w/EA) - 269

ELITE:
5 Chosen w/5 Meltaguns (Rhino) - 175
5 Possessed w/MoS (Rhino w/EA) - 200

HEAVY:
Vindicator - 125
3 Oblits - 225
3 Oblits - 225

TOTAL: 1999

·
Registered
90 Posts
With the lashes and that many blast templates (6 from oblits, two from noise marines, and 1 nasty one from the vindi)
You'll be demolishing anything thats lashable (huddle them together, launch the vindi first, if they aren't dead yet, hit them with the oblits or noise marines)

Smash any armor with the lascannons

cant go wrong with some zerkers

But possessed are ENTIRELY random, you can't rely on a certain ability (unless you can practice roll, which is cheating) and aren't that reliable (they are basically randomised berzerkers that dont need to charge to get their str 5, and they are more expensive..)
You could use the points elsewhere, (maybe a small CSM squad, or another chosen squad with different weapons, lots of options)

Possessed wouldn't be much use for what you pay for (only 3 attacks on a charge) YES they COULD get a good ability like Fleet, rending, or powerweapons, But they aren't reliable

By best advice is to lose the possessed, either increase the number of your noise marines (or even another squad without the rhino!)
You could include another squad of 5 zerkers (and champ w/fist!) with a rhino(and EA) for 195 (5pts to waste somewhere) and give your aponent another headache!

4zerkers and a champ is alot more reliable then 5 possessed

4 zerkers, 4 attacks each, 5 fist attacks from champ. str 5, ws 5
5 possessed, 3 attacks each (depending on the roll at the start of the game, this could vary, BUT VERY UNRELIABLE)
Your already getting more attacks, and dealing 5 very powerful ones.

its up to you to use possessed or not, but from personal experience (three games in a row, I rolled two 1's and a 4. The rending wasn't so bad, but my apponent floored them anyway).
These guys aren't that great (unless you bring multiple units and gain a unit of possessed that can fleet, one that has power weapons, and another that hits at initiative 5 and str 6) Though this gets expensive and there are better elites (chosen all the way)

Thats about it.

·
4,491 Posts
I was playing around on Army Builder...and came up with this Slaanesh list. I have yet to try Noise Marines...but I'm thinking about proxying them sometime to see how they work. I also haven't tried the Possessed either. I've got 5 from my Battleforce, and I think they might be fun to fool around with. Any ideas on this list? It's kinda Lash/Oblit oriented...with a little Khorney goodness in there, too. I wouldn't say it'll ever be really competitive, but it'll be fun I think!

HQ:
Looks good.:eek:k:

TROOPS:
Id drop the SB's to keep the points down, and keep the squad at 5. Also consider dropping the Havoc. Use the points for another squad.
As above.
9 Khorne Beserkers w/Skull Champ w/PW (Rhino w/EA) - 269
Id give the Champ a PF over a PW. If they get into combat with a Wraithlord, Dread, etc, your screwed.

ELITE:
5 Chosen w/5 Meltaguns (Rhino) - 175
Looks ok.
5 Possessed w/MoS (Rhino w/EA) - 200
Id drop these in favour of another unit of Noise Marines with another Blastmaster.

HEAVY:
Vindicator - 125
CSM Vindicators MUST HAVE Daemonic Possession. You would be crazy to go without it. Any glancing hit and you wont be able to fire.
3 Oblits - 225
3 Oblits - 225

TOTAL: 1999
Overall, you dont have a whole lot of Mech.
Well, there is a bit, but you are making target priority far too easy for the opponent.
First turn you will be rushing forward a single Rhino and the Vindicator. They will both be gone on turn 1 and your Berzerkers will be on foot. The Vindicator will go to waste too.
I would consider dropping the Vindicator and the Berzerkers in favour of 3 Obliterators and more Noise Marines.

Ill write an example list for you and post it in the next few minutes.

·
4,491 Posts
As far as cookie-cutter goes, this takes the cake.... i mean cookie.

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino
175 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino
175 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino
175 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino
175 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
- Rhino
175 points

5 Noise Marines
- Blastmaster
140 points

3 Obliterators
225 points

3 Obliterators
225 points

3 Obliterators
225 points

2000 points

·
Registered
90 Posts
dear god.. lookt at all those noise marines

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That definitely takes the cookie! Holy crap! 30 Noise Marines! I see what you mean about lack of Mech though. I guess I could just adapt though. Like I said, I don't think it will ever be a very competitive list the way I put it together...but it sure could irritate a player with all those lashes and blasts. =) I'm aware the Possessed are a bit of a miss. I honestly have them in there to "try-out"...but I think I may end up pulling them out, and throwing in another squad. Or what do you think about a Raptor squad with some more melta to pop some heavy?

·
4,491 Posts
Its not so much that you have a lack of mech, its more the fact that target priority is too easy for the opponent.

If you move 2-3 vehicles forward, and have 2-3 sitting back at range, then the opponent is obviously going to take out the ones moving forward as they pose a more immediate threat.
If you rush everything forwards (say 3 Rhinos with KB's or PM's, and 3 Vindicators), then the opponent has to make some serious decisions as to what they are going to target.
If you keep everything back, then they have the same problem, they wont know what to take out first.
The easier you make decisions for the enemy, the less mistakes they are going to make. You want to be able to force mistakes on the opponent as often as possible, and they best way to do that is with target priority.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
That does look, like a really solid list, enough lascannons to take out a big-bad-mech in turn one, giving your NM so much more freedom on the field, then your 2 lash princes holding everything together, for some template-fuck.

Good list! nice work you 2 :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

Noise marines can hold their own, in large quantities with backup(Obliterators, tandem Lash Princes), they just own!
The original list wasn't bad either. Just drop the possessed for another rhino less squad of noise marines for a quick and easy swap. Your vehicles will still be high priority targets (as king of cheese pointed out).
As for the second list (courtesy of KOC) mobility will be a factor, but shoot out the enemy's army from under him and then you won't have to worry about holding objectives(he should be combat ineffective by turn 5...).

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
941 Posts
drop the vindi and a oblit from each squad and get a land raider for the zerkers, then you also have some anti mech, las cannons!:biggrin:

·
Registered
387 Posts
HEAVY:
Vindicator - 125
CSM Vindicators MUST HAVE Daemonic Possession. You would be crazy to go without it. Any glancing hit and you wont be able to fire.
i have looked in the rule book and can't find any reason why any glancing hit means he can't fire, ofc a roll that results in a 1 or 2 on the damage table means he can't fire and without doubt a roll of 3 and the opponent will destroy the big killy cannon of death which means it can't fire, but how can he not shoot if he is immobilised?

btw i'm not calling you a liar (incase it looks like i am:eek:k:) i just can't find the rule, can you give me a page ref please as this would make a big differance to some of the games i play against people with vindicators

thanks in advance

·
4,491 Posts
i have looked in the rule book and can't find any reason why any glancing hit means he can't fire, ofc a roll that results in a 1 or 2 on the damage table means he can't fire and without doubt a roll of 3 and the opponent will destroy the big killy cannon of death which means it can't fire, but how can he not shoot if he is immobilised?

btw i'm not calling you a liar (incase it looks like i am:eek:k:) i just can't find the rule, can you give me a page ref please as this would make a big differance to some of the games i play against people with vindicators

thanks in advance
For a glancing hit...
1-3 stunned
4 shaken
5 weapon destroyed
6 immobilized

The only one that wont stop him shooting is the immobilized, which will likely happen when he is out of range anyway.

Taking Daemonic Possession means that you are basically ignoring everything from 1-4 on the D6 roll for glancing hits.
Points well spent if you ask me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lorger, that isn't a bad idea at all...I'll keep it in mind for sure! That would absolutely be priority target...but hard as hell to pop...sounds fun. :biggrin:

·
Registered
387 Posts
For a glancing hit...
1-3 stunned
4 shaken
5 weapon destroyed
6 immobilized

The only one that wont stop him shooting is the immobilized, which will likely happen when he is out of range anyway.

Taking Daemonic Possession means that you are basically ignoring everything from 1-4 on the D6 roll for glancing hits.
Points well spent if you ask me.
coolio thanks for clearing that up i couldn't for the life of me find where he wouldn't beable to shoot if he got imobilised but now i see what you mean and yes it would defo be points well spent

thanks again KingOfCheese

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
But possessed are ENTIRELY random, you can't rely on a certain ability (unless you can practice roll, which is cheating) and aren't that reliable (they are basically randomised berzerkers that dont need to charge to get their str 5, and they are more expensive..)
You could use the points elsewhere, (maybe a small CSM squad, or another chosen squad with different weapons, lots of options)
This is, technically, not true. You can only roll one of six different options. :p

But I agree with BucketWalrus and KingOfCheese about your list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts