Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so this is a very simple, but I feel, effective way to convert Warriors of Chaos to CSM's.
It requires very little Greenstuff skills or overall converting skills..but the over all finished look works.

Step 1
These are the pieces that you will require:
Chaos Marine Head
Bolt Pistol Arm
Chaos Marine Backpack
WFB Chaos Warrior Left Arm
WFB Chaos Warrior Body - Front and Back.

pieces.JPG

Step 2
After gluing the front and back together you will need to cut the chaos bolt arm off just behind the glove..now the 2 gloves match pretty well in size and I dont think it matters too much that 1 side is a bit more fancier.

cut arm  1.JPG

cut arm 2.JPG

Step 3
Once the arm is in place you will need to trim and size the head..as the sides of the Chaos heads are slightly bigger.

trim head.JPG

Step 4
Now you will need to fill in the deep hole for the head with green stuff and trim the upper armour guards if needed..this serves 2 purposes:
1: give you something to put the Choas head into
2: give you a nice little ridge to hide the gap.

fill holl and trim.JPG

Step 5
Simply push the head into the Greenstuff so that it will give you a solid join..make sure to push it deep enough so as to get a little ridge to form..this if you are like me with poor sculpting skill will eliminate the need to sculpt anything.

PUsh head.JPG

Step 6
The back...just simply place a little bit of Greenstuff onto the backpack and push it onto the back of the Marine..the green stuff will mold to the fur..its not a great way to do it..but I found that if it falls of after drying a little super glue works really well with the mold.

GS backpack.JPG

Finished product
As you can see these won't win any awards..but this is a very simple way to do it.
I feel that with a good paint job you wont even notice some of the joins etc.

finished 2.JPG

finihsed 1.JPG

Well I hope this will help anybody else wishing to do the same thing.
Please let me know what you think...I'm sure there was a 100 better ways to do this but this is how I did it.:victory:

thought id add the complete pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Quick and easy conversion FM though the armour doesn't really look enough like a Marine for my taste...too olde worlde.

You just need the background fluff to say it is a renegade chapter from a feudal world. Allied with a nearby Dark Mechanicus forge world that builds then feudal powerarmour. :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Quite cool and barbaric! i like it. (not the marine leg version though...)

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
You just need the background fluff to say it is a renegade chapter from a feudal world. Allied with a nearby Dark Mechanicus forge world that builds then feudal powerarmour. :)
:) I wasn't trying to belittle your efforts chap, variety is the spice of life, it was a 'personal taste' observation...if you like it that is all that that matters :good:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I always found the Chaos Warrior pose too boring. This converts over to them being made CSM I feel, at least with the actual marines you can make them hold weapons differently. Each to their own though, and you've done a fine job converting them! Just not my cuppa tea.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:) I wasn't trying to belittle your efforts chap, variety is the spice of life, it was a 'personal taste' observation...if you like it that is all that that matters :good:
its all good i wasnt worried..im sure when any conversion is done there will be some that like and some that dont...art is subjective

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always found the Chaos Warrior pose too boring. This converts over to them being made CSM I feel, at least with the actual marines you can make them hold weapons differently. Each to their own though, and you've done a fine job converting them! Just not my cuppa tea.
thanks for commenting..as for the pose being to boring..i hear that quite often..but whats the difference between 90% of the 40k line? basic marine can be "static"..but yes you are right not much you can you don with them

·
Registered
159 Posts
nice job with that conversion. a bit simple for my liking but not bad if you had a bit of both lying around and needed to fill points. but that pose is too stiff, lots of the fantasy figures are too stiff thats why i dont really want to play that version.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is awesome - I have thought about this exact conversion for Chosen models for quite some time, and then you go ahead and make the tutorial that I need.

Thanks a lot buddy - Have a cookie :good:
thanks man...like i said its not a great conversion..but as my converting skills are bad this was probably about the best i could do now..

i only really did this do help with the content drive..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts