Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem ("We know!" you all cry) I have been working with a friend of mine on a new musical project and we're using some new software, called Fruity Loops.
So far everything has been fine but he sent me some new tracks yesterday in MP3 format, they're very good but I need to be able to convert MP3 files to Midi to rework them on the Fruity Loops program that I have.
I downloaded a converter last night and it tried to kill my laptop!
Does anyone know of anything I can use or have any tips on how I can change the file type?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you're both working using FL Studio and both have the same virtual instruments, you should be able to get him to just send the .flp file of the project over. If that fails, get him to also export a version as .midi to send to you, then import it and set the instruments manually.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're both working using FL Studio and both have the same virtual instruments, you should be able to get him to just send the .flp file of the project over. If that fails, get him to also export a version as .midi to send to you, then import it and set the instruments manually.
That was the plan but for some reason he can't send the files via email, I'm not 100% sure why. We're giving sending the files in Midi format a go.
Thanks for the help though people!

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does .wav not work?
Unfortunately not, Fruity Loops only allows you to import certain file types, and .wav doesn't seem to be one of them.
I can import them using Slice X but the file degrades to virtually nothing but crackle.
Oh well nothing worth doing is ever easy!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Your best option IMO Is to use the "Export as Zip Project" (or something to that extent), then either email it, or host it somewhere (MU, 4Shared, Filefront etc) the zip will hold the FLP files, as well as any samples, etc, you've used, but remember, Dont open the Zip in windows, Open the Zip in FL itself, it makes life easier!

Its the method me and WoRLoKKeD use, speaking of which
"VIVA LA SNOT ROCKET ATOMIQUE!!!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts