Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a CSM battleforce (Iron Warriors) that I do not use due to a new Tau and IG army I want to make my friend a small Black Templars force OR if he does not like it, give him either my small Tau or IG force and use the Black Temps if I like them. I do not have ANY bitz right now, all I have is a carving knife and clippers. Im not expecting to turn them into space marines right now, just carve off some spikes and harns and icons so they atleast look a little less "chaosy" until I get some sprews. Problem number one. Possessed. There is no way in hell I can covert those... Problem number two. Dreadnought.... How do I do that? Iron Warriors "fluff" has their helmet horns taken off so none of mine have that, but would it be easy to carve off the arrows and look decent. Well.... is there any cheap way to turn 8 Bezerkers 10 Marines 5 Chosen 1 Lord 1 Dreadnought 1 Rhino and 5 Possessed into a Black Templar force?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Use the magic of counts-as. Call 'em Word Bearers and use the BT rules.
That's actually not a bad call. I think that's probably the best route to go unless you're quite good with green stuff, as removing the horns from Chaos Space Marine heads leaves a lot of damage that needs to be cleaned up. Besides, that way, if you ever want to use them as Chaos Space Marines (like if GW releases a Chaos Space Marine Codex that isn't made of shame and failure) then you've got models ready to go.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
If you just remove the horns and icons from them they actually don't look too bad to be a marine army.

I did something similar to this myself. Of course I converted my csm into grey knights. But as long as you make sure to get all of the icons and either cut carefully or smooth out the bumps with green stuff, then it is not too hard to convert. Just remember to paint the army in a loyalist fashion.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
the rhino is the easiest there, you just take away the spiky sprue. the khorne berzerkers and possessed would be a lot harder. the possessed are actually impossible to do for anyone who cant sculpt from scratch.. i think that the idea of using them as word bearers is a good one. the chaos marines arent that difficult to change, but they would be hard to do without spare SM heads, and you have said that you dont a bitz box, so i think the word bearers idea is the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts