Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the new dark vengeance kit with interests since it has a rule book in it, and an actual deal on 5 termis+bikes+tactical+2 characters. so no having to chose between models or rules for me which is nice :victory:

but the question is what to do with the chaos marines.

every thread I've seen is the opposite, turning loyalist into heretics, but is there any advice for someone trying the opposite? particularly with a helbrute, (and yes this is possible for me since all my dreads are part warjack it won't clash as much as you might think)

any advice or links to people who've done the same would be nice.

thank heresy for the help

·
Registered
159 Posts
do you have lots of green stuff? if so then you might convert some of them, best bet would be to ebay the chaos stuff to make money to buy more loyalists.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah I think it is mainly a matter of filling in the holes like on the power fist and trying to file off as many embelishments as possible

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I would see if you could jest sell them or have someone interested in CSM chip in and buy 2 sets to split down the middle.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
The reason people can easily turn loyalist minis to chaos is a bit of GS and a few spikes gets the job done. Trying to turn chaos into loyalists is much harder, especially those stunning ones in the DV box. With all the filing, drilling and filling you'd have to do, I think you'd end up ruining the minis, which would be a crying shame.

If you can swap out the contents with someone, go for it. A DA player definitely comes out the better of the deal, in that you will probably use all of the minis, whereas the CSM player might not use all the cultists or spare hellbrute.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Coming from converting some of the DA from that set to other chapters I can safely say I would not bother trying to un-chaos those models. They're just too specific (and good looking), I'd sooner trade you my DV tactical squad for some of the Chaos marines than tell you to get Green Stuff and go for it....and I don't even play Chaos.

Unless you want that chaos-y marine look, then go to friggin' town.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welp thanks guys, best bet seems to be finding chaos marine player in the group to sell the marines and maybe the brute to, not the cultist though, I've seen an interesting scion conversions involving cultist legs so I may just have the cultest hang out in my bitz bucket.

thanks again for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts