Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning on using the Blood Angels codex for a Minotaurs army and was wondering about using the BA models as the basis of several conversions and was hoping for some opinions on my current ideas.

I'm thinking of stripping the Death Company models of Blood Angel iconography and swap out the shoulders pads for the minotaur shoulder pads from FW, do you think this will work? Or should I go with a Space Wolves Pack instead, not only does it have bone work on it, but also it would be a lot cheaper.

My list (which is below) is quite dread heavy, and I've been thinking of ways to distinguish the different types. For the Furioso I was going to go with the original Furioso model but strip all the iconography from and paint it in the standard bronze colour.

For the Death Company Dreads, which I'm calling Minotaur Bezerker Dreadnoughts I'm also thinking of using the same model, but either painting it differently, or adding additional details, like maybe adding the ogre standard bearer skull to the front, after converting it a bit to make it look like the chapter symbol tho?

That's my thoughts at the moment, does anyone have any suggestions?

List below:

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Just wondering- On the "Bezerker"-class dreads, could you use WHFB minotaur heads and paint them up as metal decorations on the front of the sarcophagus?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts