Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always loved the Coteaz model, so I decided to convert him to a more fitting use... What do you think?

Next to my buddies regular Coteaz

I wanted to make him a sorcerer, so yes, the "bird" is a familiar...

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
At the very least, your paint job kicks that of your buddy...:so_happy:

But I don't know about the familiar- the human head looks too much out of scale. And what, besides the familiar, marks this guy as a Chaos champion/Sorceror?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wanted to make him a sorcerer, so yes, the "bird" is a familiar...
incorrect... the bird is the word

npw after that dumb joke. I agree that the face is a little weird but other than that its nice looking

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I was waiting for someone to do this! :) It looks pretty good (especially the paint job) but a few spikey bitz or chaos glyphs could make him stand out as being a sorcerer. Right now he looks a little like Coteaz with a weird bird...

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
...a few spikey bitz or chaos glyphs could make him stand out as being a sorcerer....
I like the lack of spiky; Tzeentch favours subtly over-in-your-face grim-dark evil and Slaanesh goes for looks so sorcerers can be smooth.

I am not sure about the hammer though; a hammer seems a little brutal and berserk for magic. However, if you removed the head you have a good start for a wand/staff.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I like the conversion but the first time I looked at it I thought it was just two differently painted Coteaz's standing next to each other, maybe you could change the weapon to make the model stand out a bit more. I saw a pretty nice Coteaz to Chaos conversion with Archaons sword and a Skull Helmet from the Warriors of Chaos Sprue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts