1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Great work there! :good:

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The right hand sculpting and the scythe look quite good. Those are great additions to the model.

I'm not so taken with the paint job. It seems very inconsistent. For example, the green of the skin is very smooth, clean, and unblemished. Who would think of a "great unclean one" as unblemished? The ooze and gore seem confined to the wounds. And there are some wounds which appear green and unpainted. The gore could also use some help, because it's very red and the green of the skin is very bright and saturated. . . The colour scheme is verging on red+green=Christmas colors.

I completely understand this inclination, to use a lot of strong greens and reds on Nurgle models. I'm guilty of it too. All my older Nurgle daemons and plague marines are very red+green. (They are on my list to strip and repaint.)

I think the solution for this guy isn't stepping, but adding some more dirt, more of the goo running down and weeping from the sores. And dimming the smooth bright green of the flesh by mottling it with patches of browns and gray, more dirty, leathery, and necrotic.

Oh, the flowers were a nice touch too! They add a little fecund irony to the model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The right hand sculpting and the scythe look quite good. Those are great additions to the model.

I'm not so taken with the paint job. It seems very inconsistent. For example, the green of the skin is very smooth, clean, and unblemished. Who would think of a "great unclean one" as unblemished? The ooze and gore seem confined to the wounds. And there are some wounds which appear green and unpainted. The gore could also use some help, because it's very red and the green of the skin is very bright and saturated. . . The colour scheme is verging on red+green=Christmas colors.

I completely understand this inclination, to use a lot of string greens and reds on Nurgle models. I'm guilty of it too. All my older Nurgle daemons and plague marines are very red+green. (They are on my list to strip and repaint.)

I think the solution for this guy isn't stepping, but adding some more dirt, more of the goo running down and weeping from the sores. And dimming the smooth bright green of the flesh by mottling it with patches of browns and gray, more dirty, leathery, and necrotic.

Oh, the flowers were a nice touch too! They add a little fecund irony to the model.
Kreuger-

Damn! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your critique!

I looked and looked on the internet for about a month searching for a converted GUO with scythe from which to take inspiration. Sadly, the search turned out to be a fruitless endeavor.

This was a 1st attempt at scratch-sculpting anything other than a fur cloak. I was so pleased with the way it turned out that I rushed to get the model posted online.

You are so right about your comments regarding the skin. My wife has been on about adding depth to the skin color. After filming and editing this model in HD, it is clear to see that you both are spot on.

Thanks for noticing the flowers. They were purposely added to provide the very irony which you mentioned.

It would be great to see your work. Hopefully you have posted on this forum. If so, you'll see new comments.

-WE

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
You're very welcome!

I'm glad you took my criticism add constructive, which is how I intended it. You're work is quite good, and could be even better.

I haven't painted in a long while. Career, family, & grad school got in the way. I used to paint a lot. I have a project log somewhere and an army showcase. Comments are always welcome.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bloody disgusting! And by that of course I mean fantastic! Great range of bright tones, realistic boils and gribbly red bits, and of course the scythe which looks phenominal! My only critique would perhaps be a different shade of green for the moss on the scythe haft as it blends a little too much with the skin in my opinion.

Still brilliant though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts