Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very skilled work.

However, his hair looks too close in hue to Space Wolves armour. Possibly it would work better with a different Chapter on the trophy rack.
All deliberate. I'm trying to use less colours so the model isn't too busy. Hence blood claw was chosen so the armour and shoulder pad colours would tie in with some elements of Abaddon like his shoulder pad, the flames and the hair.

If I'd painted the marine a completely different colour, it would have been too prominent and stole the show a bit. The blood was also used to tie elements together and to tell a story. Put a lot of thought into this model.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
All deliberate. I'm trying to use less colours so the model isn't too busy. Hence blood claw was chosen so the armour and shoulder pad colours would tie in with some elements of Abaddon like his shoulder pad, the flames and the hair.
I meant the helmet on the trophy rack; possibly blood angels to match the mid-hue of the flames.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Beautiful work! However Dave is completely right.

I meant the helmet on the trophy rack; possibly blood angels to match the mid-hue of the flames.
The helm on the trophy track looks somehow related to Abaddon's hair because they are so close in color.

Either a slightly darker blue gray would have done the job, or a totally different chapter color.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
I'm loving this... but not liking the Wolf at his feet :(

Love the fire, the sword, the base and pretty much everything about this mini. Well done.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Sorry for replying to an old thread, but would it be possible to see some pics from other angles or perhaps a list of the parts used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts