Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings heretics!

I am looking for a interesting conversion job that is a tad larger than my skills. As such, I am looking for a very skilled converter or a service that people know, to do a job on my army warlord.

However, I would like to have Kranon the Relentless on a bike. The inspiration is this:

If you look at the model:

you can see he's not exactly the most flexible model out there. I have attained the following bits, that should be of use:

- Kranon Model
- Bike + Rider
- Chaos Chosen Champion

The two miniatures can be seen here side-by-side:

In the original inspiration photo you can see they used the Chosen Champions arm for example. I would like to have the Sword on him however, as this is what i will be used most of the time.

So the job in essence is: Kranon on bike with his sword outstretched in his arm. The cape is not a necessity, as that would probably be a tad dangerous to have on a bike anyway. The reason I want I want someone else to do it, is that it requires skilled greenstuff work on his legs and shoulderpads from the looks of it, and my skills are not... as adequate as my painting is. I want him to look like a million bucks, so I capitulate and want to outsource this important piece of my army to someone else.

The only question that remains is, if either there is a talented sculpter/converter on this site or if people know of a service based in Europe that can take on this sort of thing. If there's a guy on these forums, with a good enough rapsheet I would be happy to discuss pay for this sort of gig.

Looking forward to all of your input!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm pretty confident I could pull that conversion off, but wouldn't it be more fun to try it yourself? It really doesn't look that wildly complicated, and GS is easy enough to pull off and try again if you don't like what it looks like. For a long time I was nervous about doing my own GS work, but after a few failed attempts I'm competent- just like developing painting skills, it's the same level of attention to detail. I actually find GS work to be less time consuming that some of my highlighting ambitions...

Either way, solid looking finished product for a Lord on bike. Are you providing the pieces for whomever gets the gig?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either way, solid looking finished product for a Lord on bike. Are you providing the pieces for whomever gets the gig?
Yes, I have the 3 complete models mentioned above.

While I agree that it could be fun to do myself, I would rather start up small and not start with a model as crucial for my army as this one. Conversion has never really struck me, so I'm at a basic level. That's why I want this guy to be made by someone else.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
It would be a little bit of a challenge but not a major thing. The hard part is going to be cutting Kranon out of his cape which is a shame because it is nicely detailed cape. Once that is done two arm swaps right arm the champion holding the sword and then the bike riders left arm holding the bike. After that it would be using either the riders legs or using the salt method bending Kranon's legs to fit the bike. Add a new cape and the awesome backpack fill in the gaps with green stuff and done. You may want to contact some of the painting services they will sometimes do conversions for you.

I could do it but I am in the states but you should have no trouble finding skilled people. Svertmetal might do it for you he is good with greenstuff and conversions.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is this in Off-Topic??!
Not sure to be honest.

I could do it but I am in the states but you should have no trouble finding skilled people. Svertmetal might do it for you he is good with greenstuff and conversions.
It's always nice to have options. So far I have been unable to find anyone who would take on the job, but maybe @Svartmetall would be up for it. What say you, fellow Chaos Champion - Is it something you would take on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would definitely be up for that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts