Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the rules are regarding conversions e.g adding more powerful weapons to characters etc, ive seen some pretty crazy looking jobs out there and sometimes think that just cant be legal, however im pretty new to all this so dont know shit, so if anyone can enlighten me, that would be awesome :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Basically you can only give a model what it is allowed in its codex e.g if you have a squad of tactical marines, you can't give them all lascannons, but in their codex it says that you can have one per squad (I think) and another if the squad is more than 10.

But if say they are a squad of devastators you can have 5.

There are no actual rules of conversion, but as long as it is obvious what wargear they have and it follows the rules for that unit in the given army's codex then you should be fine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about characters, i saw some sort of hq in termy armor but someone stuck a dreadnought powerfist on it( this months white dwarf) surely thats not in the codex??

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Basically you can only give a model what it is allowed in its codex e.g if you have a squad of tactical marines, you can't give them all lascannons, but in their codex it says that you can have one per squad (I think) and another if the squad is more than 10.

But if say they are a squad of devastators you can have 5.

There are no actual rules of conversion, but as long as it is obvious what wargear they have and it follows the rules for that unit in the given army's codex then you should be fine
He can make all ten men las cannon shooting if he wants a conversion has nothing to do with codex load outs, a conversion is about creating a new model feom other models and objects. A conversion is about expression and character.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts