Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I needs me some heavy flamers for my Blood Angels but I'll be damned if I pay the shipping for individual bits like this and I just don't plan on buying three boxes (in any combination) of BA tacticals or sternguard. I have a stack of Grey Knight bits that belong to a couple units that I'm trying to sell. I could make sweet flamers out of both the psycannon and purifier mashed together...I can see it so clearly in my mind based on the parts in front of me...it's just about patience in execution. My dilemma is that it will likely hurt the resale value of these models for them to just not come with their special weapon selections but at the same time don't want to spend a bunch of money on remedying such a specific problem.

I know this is kinda off topic so far, but since it has to do specifically with a conversion I would love to hear if there are other options out there that people have executed or seen for an under-slung heavy flamer on a space marine on a budget. I've checked out the almighty Google but there's just so much 'meh' out there that it's hard to see the gold sometimes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well there are a couple of options. You could post an ad swapping your grey knight stuff for heavy flamers. So you would only have to pay shipping to the other person. You could post an ad here or on places like Bartertown.

Next if the conversion is done really well and looks totally cool it could increase its resale value. Cool conversions always sell for more than standard provided the conversion is done well.

Also if these are for an army you are playing do the conversion so you can play them then when or if you get ready to sell them you could always swap out the conversion for a standard one.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm....good suggestions, I have often thought of trying to trade models but without a face to face encounter I would be hard pressed to trust it. If I do the conversion the GKs no longer have any special weapons and they would be sold as such and my beloved BA would get the heavy flamers I crave to accomplish what I like to think of as 'unit efficiency'. If I go through with this conversion I wouldn't be reselling them (unless I give up on 40k as a whole) and I wouldn't be replacing them with GW official stuff 'cuz I wouldn't bother buying it.

I think I'm just going to carry on with my general not caring too much about these pieces of plastic and just do the conversion. Whatever resale value is hurt I'll make back in not buying heavy flames with all luck. I actually have a thread with some old models in it that I have successfully sold chunks off through Heresy, maybe I should make one proper for all the various bits and gribbles I have to get rid of...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.