Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you MOD's out there (and any of you vets who want to chime in), can I run a contest? This will cost HO nothing, will all be from my own pocket (for the item and shipping).
Basically I have a few idea's for different contests that are currently not being run. Just want to have some fun, involve people, and make it entertaining for every one.
Relevant Facts:
Been on here 4yrs now.
800+ posts
When it comes to the gift exchange, I ALWAYS deliver.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
See no reason why not, just place multiple disclaimers that this is on you and not HO.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Seems fair enough to me. :)

Probably best to wait for one of the Oranges to weigh in first though :good:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I don't see why not either just put in the disclaimer.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. Will go ahead with the plans then. Will make sure that there is a good disclaimer so everyone knows that any problems are on ME and not HO. There won't be any problems though.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
There won't be any problems though.
Oh never say that I have run the miniature exchange for many years and there is always a problem every year. Usually it is small and simple but not always. I was a regular member when I started the miniature exchange so the disclaimer can be something similar to my disclaimer

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
I am all for more things members can do, so generally don't see an issue.

With my orange head on:

It isn't an official competition, so the site will have no obligation to resolve any disputes between you and other members.

If the site decides a competition isn't appropriate, you will make any changes we request or stop running.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Dave T Hobbit: I fully understand that and WILL comply with any changes up to and including the cancel of the contest. As for the site not having any obligation to resolve any issue, I agree with that and have this to say in response: I do not want to, in any way, tarnish what I think I have as a good standing in this community or in the minds of others. I hold myself as a responsible person and will seek to resolve any problem that may arise.
@Moriouci: I have two in mind atm. Think the first that I'm going to do is for a starter box of 40K: Conquest by FFG. And I just want to say that as I was spelling your name out, I couldn't get the Mickey Mouse song out of my head!

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
@Dave T Hobbit: I fully understand that and WILL comply with any changes up to and including the cancel of the contest. As for the site not having any obligation to resolve any issue, I agree with that and have this to say in response: I do not want to, in any way, tarnish what I think I have as a good standing in this community or in the minds of others. I hold myself as a responsible person and will seek to resolve any problem that may arise.
Thank you for confirming you understand. :good:

Just so everyone else is clear, just because Loki is responsible for sorting out disputes doesn't mean the Mods can't (or won't) take action if someone decides to break the site's rules.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts