Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have finally got to the stage with my first flyer (a night scythe) where I can actually do the base. Normally I just put some sand on, paint it, add a few stone, and then some dead grass, but on a large base like this is would look really boring. I have had a general look around on the internet and have some ideas but I was wandering what other people do for theirs? I haven't got a set idea yet I'm mainly just looking for inspiration on what they could look like.

Thanks

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Mine's grey sand and snow. Simple, effective, fits in with the army, doesn't obstruct Line of Sight for anyone trying to shoot under it, doesn't draw attention away from the Flyer.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Mine's grey sand and snow. Simple, effective, fits in with the army, doesn't obstruct Line of Sight for anyone trying to shoot under it, doesn't draw attention away from the Flyer.

Midnight
+1 to this scheme.

To make it pop just a little bit maybe try adding some larger rocks (No larger than a 25mm base) and some little tufts of flock.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i dont use a flyer yet, but mine would be like the rest of the army. maybe add a few larger stones to make it fit, but different?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Those bases are awesome @SOulDOubt!

What paints did you use on them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I still have alot of the older GW paint range. I liked the foundation paints, like, Charadon Granite, Adeptus Battlegray, Khemri Brown. And also scorched brown, graveyard earth from the regular range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts