Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after you win a combat, the enemy runs of the edge of the table, and you consolidate into another enemy unit, are you allowed to make a "pile in" move at the end of the assualt phase? For example: Grey Knights destroy a unit of Striking Scorpions and then use their consolidation move to engage a line of Fire Warriors (I was playing apocalypse) and I move on to the next combat. When all the combats are resolved, do the GK's that aren't within two inches or in base to base contact get to pile in?

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to ask. Thanks, in advance. :biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my understanding you won combat with scorpions and consolidated and made contact with another unit. (from what I read) Combat is complete with all involved. You would not get a further pile-in move.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Awesome. So, would I be right in considering the GK's consolidation into another enemy unit a sort of "pile in" move? In other words, if their had been Scorpions left on the table my GK's would have "piled in" with them. But scince the scorps' are dead, the conolidation is what the GK's get instead of a "pile in" move. Basically, any unit in the game will either consolidate or "pile in" after each individual battle, but they will not do both. Is this a correct way of looking at the situation?

Just want to make sure I understand completely. :)

BTW, thanks for the quick responses! :friends:

Edit: Forgot to ask this: During the next assualt phase, am I able to move the GK's even though they are locked in combat with the Fire Warriors? I'm thinking no, as then the "pile in" would have almost no significance.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The general understanding is that you get no pile in after you consolidate into another unit. You're are then locked in combat, and as such cannot move or shoot and will pile in at the end of the next phase. You do not pile in after consolidating into another unit because it only applies to "models that were locked". This is somewhat ambiguous though, as it could mean models that were locked for the whole phase or just models that were locked prior to pile in (because pile in happens last). I know of noone who plays it the second way though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The general understanding is that you get no pile in after you consolidate into another unit. You're are then locked in combat, and as such cannot move or shoot and will pile in at the end of the next phase. You do not pile in after consolidating into another unit because it only applies to "models that were locked". This is somewhat ambiguous though, as it could mean models that were locked for the whole phase or just models that were locked prior to pile in (because pile in happens last). I know of noone who plays it the second way though.

I play it the second way & believe it to be the way it is intended to be played. By playing it the way it says in the rulebook (after consolidation you lock your opponent forcing a pile-in at the end of the assault phase) you stop the stupid situation where half a unit sits still & watches its mates get massacred by some beastie & instead they join the assault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts