Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again 40k has me confused, so im relyig on my e-family(you guys) to help me out.
right so the ig codex says you can swap two veteerans for a hw team in a squad...what about for models like harker,ox or him out of the last chancers that carry there weapons alone?
also can you put two of these in your squad saying that theres only one model and not two? you know what i mean?

also if you cant, can you make heavy weapons teams veterans? and can you mix hw's? and with stand alone hw models do you have to put axtra troops in hw teams to make up for the models that would be there if they werent these stand alone models.......sigh

im confusing myself as i type!!!!

i have two stand alone missile launcher models and ox, however i have only two veteran sqads and am keepin one mobile just sw's, do i need to seperate these hw models into a hw team or even can i?

aaargh thanks in advance for any help advice

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
right so the ig codex says you can swap two veteerans for a hw team in a squad...what about for models like harker,ox or him out of the last chancers that carry there weapons alone?

This part is quite confusing. Are you asking if you take two heavy weapon teams can you still take a character that already has a heavy weapon? If so then the answer is yes, you can have all three.

also can you put two of these in your squad saying that theres only one model and not two? you know what i mean?

If you mean that you want to represent the heavy weapon team with a single model then yes, most opponents won't have a problem with that thought you may want to check with the manager if you want to use this in tournaments.

also if you cant, can you make heavy weapons teams veterans? and can you mix hw's?

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about here.

and with stand alone hw models do you have to put axtra troops in hw teams to make up for the models that would be there if they werent these stand alone models.......sigh

No, the second model in a heavy weapon team is just there for visual purposes.

i have two stand alone missile launcher models and ox, however i have only two veteran sqads and am keepin one mobile just sw's, do i need to seperate these hw models into a hw team or even can i?

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about here.
Answers in green. I hope I helped but some parts were badly worded, though they were probably difficult to explain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot wombat, it seems i did make a meal of askin those questions but they were quuite difficult to explain.

"This part is quite confusing. Are you asking if you take two heavy weapon teams can you still take a character that already has a heavy weapon? If so then the answer is yes, you can have all three."

so you can have 3 heavy weapons in 1 veteran squad? (i suppose that would have been an easier question)

"also if you cant, can you make heavy weapons teams veterans? and can you mix hw's?

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about here"

more simply put i am asking if you can have a heavy bolter, missile launcher and lascannon for example in one hw squad? and can they have veteran stats?

thanks

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Yes you can have three heavy weapons in a veteran squad as long as one of those is from a character i.e. you can't just take three heavy weapon teams.

Yes you can have different weapons in a heavy weapon team, no they can't have veteran statistics.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i thought you could only have 1 heavy weapon in a single vetren squad since 2 vetrens make up the heavy weapon base (heavy weapons need to be manned by 2 men, the gunner and ammo loader/spotter)

so you'd only be able to have 2 heavy weapons in a single vetern squad: the regular heavy weapon team and gunnery sgt harker with his heavy bolter.

i have no idea who 'Ox' is but he isnt in codex ig :/

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You can take 1 heavy weapon team in a veteran squad, it replaces two veterans so you start with...

Vet Serg and 9 vets
and end up with
Vet Serg and 7 vets and a HWT

If you then took Harker he replaces the sergeant...

Vet Serg and 7 vets and a HWT
and end up with
Harker and 7 vets and a HWT

And you can replace 3 of the vets lasguns with special weapons (ie meltas)...

Harker and 7 vets and a HWT
and end up with
Harker and 4 vets with lasguns, 3 with sniper rifles and a HWT

Hope this makes it clear

·
Registered
211 Posts
As far as Ox goes, you can either use him as a stand in for Harker or make him part of a heavy weapon team by adding another guy lugging spare bolter ammo for him and put them both on the HWT size base. Of course you could just have Ox stood in the middle of a large base but he might look a bit lonely. Personally I find removable loaders are handy to remind me of when a base has taken a wound.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks folks.
a few different answers there, so you can have two heavy weapons in a veteran squad, that aren't actually veterans and have an extra character with a heavy weapon to make 3. However what if i'm using the 'ox' model not as a character just as a normal trooper (he's my try again bragg)?

maybe it'll be easier to just make a hw squad, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
thanks folks.
a few different answers there, so you can have two heavy weapons in a veteran squad, that aren't actually veterans and have an extra character with a heavy weapon to make 3.
No. You can replace two veterans with a single heavy weapon team. Whether you do this or not, you can replace the normal sergeant with Harker. This is the only way to get more than 1 heavy weapon in the squad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts