Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I look at ork lists with nobz, everyone seems to make sure each nob model in the unit is uniquely equipped and implies this is for the purposes of wound allocation in melee combat. Did I miss a rule somewhere or am I possibly just miss understanding people? Where in the fifth edition rule book does it say I can't allocate wounds as I please across a unit? I've even seen someone go as far as to say without the uniquely equipped nobz, you have to kill off a model before moving on to apply wounds to the next in the unit.​

I'm fairly certain that I'm somehow just misunderstanding people, but I wanted someone to back me up on that assumption. I mean, the rule book even suggests places wounds on models that aren't in range of melee combat yet specifically so you can maximize the number of units IN melee combat! :ireful2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nope your getting what their saying alright :) its on BRB pg. 26 under the header Units of multiple-wound models.
I would suggest reading trough it because it will explain it better than i can :).
The short of it is: if units of multiple wound models all have exactly the same wargear you have to roll all the saves at once and remove complete models where you can (so if you get 4 wounds in a 5 man nob unit with no upgrades you need to remove 2 of them instead of giving 4 of the nobs 1 wound).
If you give all your individual models different gear however you are allowed to allocate the wounds and roll them separately (so you could allocate the 4 wounds to all the individual models and come out with all of them left standing even tough they took a wound).

I hope this made it clearer for you :scratchhead:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I clearly need to read the rule book through and through a second time. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts