Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got the new chaos daemons codex looking at starting to build a Tzeentch army and was reading about Kairos but not sure if i'm reading it right. he has two heads and each one is mastery level 4. So does he actually add 8 warp charge or only 4. I've checked the black library FAQ but it makes no mention of it.

just interested to get someone else's take on it, as I read it he generates 8 (4 for each head).

cheers guys

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to learn to read properly final sentence says he only gains warp charge from the head he is using so 4.............

if anyone was interested.:biggrin:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
One thing about him though, that is worth mentioning with 7th edition: He is the only psyker in the entire codex that cannot generate any sort of psyker powers from Daemonology.

All of his powers are pre-stated. It says he knows all Tzeentch and that one head knows one from Biomancy and Divination and the other from Pyromancy and Telepathy.

Just a little heads up if you wanted to bring him for summoning :)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
It's... a good question, honestly. That GW hasn't addressed. Everywhere I've played, though, when it comes up, we agree that since he can only use one head per turn, he only generates Warp Charge for that one head. RAW, you can make a compelling argument for 8, and they haven't FAQ'ed it... but that is clearly an obscenely imbalanced game mechanic take on it; a relic of the wording of editions past, and more often than not, if I'm playing against a new opponent, I'll be the one bringing Fateweaver and raising the issue of his 2 heads--in order to reassure this new opponent that I am only going to be generating WC from one head per turn.

One thing about him though, that is worth mentioning with 7th edition: He is the only psyker in the entire codex that cannot generate any sort of psyker powers from Daemonology.

All of his powers are pre-stated. It says he knows all Tzeentch and that one head knows one from Biomancy and Divination and the other from Pyromancy and Telepathy.

Just a little heads up if you wanted to bring him for summoning
Be'lakor also falls under this qualification. Not technically "in the codex," but limited to only knowing everything in Telepathy.

I say this because most of my lists these days include both Fatey and Be'la, and hey, summoning's not the end-all-be-all of everything, folks...

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I say this because most of my lists these days include both Fatey and Be'la, and hey, summoning's not the end-all-be-all of everything, folks...
Definitely not, but the ability to build a totally aggressive list with no kind of scoring presence at all beyond some Nurglings to fill up Troops if you want to go Battle-Forged and then bring in a few hundred points of Troops later on in the game is certainly nice in opening up choice in a list.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
according to the F.A.Q's and errata's on the black library site it says that anyone with the psyker or brotherhood of psykers can take daemonology as well as what is listed in there army list.

i haven't got my codex with me at the moment but doesn't it say that fateweaver is a psyker? that would then allow him to take from daemonolgy.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
according to the F.A.Q's and errata's on the black library site it says that anyone with the psyker or brotherhood of psykers can take daemonology as well as what is listed in there army list.

i haven't got my codex with me at the moment but doesn't it say that fateweaver is a psyker? that would then allow him to take from daemonolgy.
As stated in my post, you cannot choose which disciplines he runs with. They are all predetermined by either his head or his innate ability to know ever single tzeentch spell and as such, you cannot choose to select another, such as Darmonology.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Nordicus fair call i just thought because he was a psyker and it says in the FAQ "in addition to others listed" that was the only reason why i thought that was the case as the codex was written before 7th ed. just seems strange that a greater daemon would not be able to practice daemonology.

I'm not disagreeing with you as his text in the book says each head knows from x disciplines. I can just see why people would get confused as i did. because if you read it for every other psyker it says they can only take from certain disciplines. then the FAQ adds daemonology to anyone who is a psyker or brotherhood of psykers

with out seperating the named characters from the general term (although it does say various psykers) then it seems like it would encompass anyone who has psyker in their description. the word various is used with out pointing to particular daemons, so what becomes various.

just playing devil's advocate here, as i'm just starting with daemons and not really interested in the summoning part of it. i just want to fry things with magic. :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts