Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I hate to poo on everyone's parade, but after chatting with my GW trade rep, we're not getting a new book right now-- the book is out of trade circulation, so it's on the horizon SOMEWHERE but it's not scheduled for a release in the next month. There are just new models being released to get this stuff out of Finecast, and to generate and gauge interest in the Dark Eldar release in the next two or three months. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you-- I've been looking for a good excuse to dust off my Dark Eldar for a while now but the classic Raider spam army doesn't really work with the current rules, I don't think.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
That sucks, as to the Bile+enhanced friends ?, yes they are still in the CSM dex KF.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Do you think they would do something along the lines of a White Dwarf Codex like they used to since there is new models to be released without Codex support for the current edition?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you think they would do something along the lines of a White Dwarf Codex like they used to since there is new models to be released without Codex support for the current edition?
Why would they print something for free when they can charge money for a digital version?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They have been releasing rules in the WD's for units lately, the Ork looted tank comes to mind. Are they actually releasing new units though? I thought all of these are just rereleases of the current line.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, Daemons have a "Blue Horror Crew" upgrade on their Burning Chariot that gives them a little ability--I imagine it would be something similar for "Wrack Crew" when the new codex drops. It might be a vehicle upgrade in the vein of "4+ chance to ignore shaken and stunned results due to their enhanced physiques" or something, I dunno. Idle speculation, of course.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If true that there's no new codex, I rooted out the current one, and I think a Urien Rakarth force with wracks as troops might just be a goer for me. I nearly took the plunge when the codex came out last time, but these new minis look like they could swing it for me for sure this time.

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
I hate to poo on everyone's parade, but after chatting with my GW trade rep, we're not getting a new book right now-- the book is out of trade circulation, so it's on the horizon SOMEWHERE but it's not scheduled for a release in the next month. There are just new models being released to get this stuff out of Finecast, and to generate and gauge interest in the Dark Eldar release in the next two or three months. I'm as disappointed as the rest of you-- I've been looking for a good excuse to dust off my Dark Eldar for a while now but the classic Raider spam army doesn't really work with the current rules, I don't think.
Which means they don't have faith in the codex and want to get rid of mini inventory on pre-orders, oh well, not like they want us Xeno players around anyway.

/retirement

21 - 40 of 137 Posts