Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I thought I would ask any of the Heresy Tech geeks if they can solve my computer dilemma

Recently I got a virus (actually a few of them) called anti spyware soft. Its a scare ware fake virus protection program. It constantly pops up "infected!" warnings and wont let programs run. Now my itunes, and windows itself (updates and such) wont connect to the internet. Firefox still works, but I really need my itunes back in business.

Anyway Windows Defender got rid of the antispyware soft shit, but I still cant connect to the internet from itunes or windows...

any help?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Hmm...Well, a few things. Which OS do you have, Vista? Firstly, just go into your Windows security centre, and check on the fire-wall. Could be that the connection has been blocked for some reason. If you go into your Firewall settings, you might be able to find out if they've been blocked for some reason...

Otherwise, it might still be the virus doing something.

Do you have a proper anti-virus program running? If not, I might suggest getting one - you get get some free these days, for a reasonable level of protection. Avast! anti-virus works quite well, and has a free option, though some others might have a better suggestion about what to get...

At any rate, I wouldn't trust defender to protect your system. Get a 3rd party virus scanner, and scan your whole computer first up. Then work on getting your connections up and running.

Anyway, hope that helps somewhat :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts