Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been collecting a few smaller (750 pt) armies for some friendly games with friends. I plan on simply adding to the marines that come with blackreach and wanted to know if this sounds like a decent force that uses all the blackreach sm models.

1 Captain

5 Terms W/1 PW

1 Dreadnaut W/ MM

10 Tact Squad W/ Flammer and ML

Adding*

5 Scouts w/ 4 SR and 1 ML

1 Rhino

From what I understand that should be roughly 750 pts. Please comment on this list or what you would use to replace the scouts and rhino.

·
Registered
287 Posts
how much would u be willing to spend?

rhino is a good choice
i would swap the cpt for libb (les points more fun to play and u get transport for termies who other way are kind of useless, people will just avoid them..)
ur forced to take a second troop choice so scouts with SR are fine
it's just fun list for casual games
not much to comment but also some LS would be fun to play i think
just pick the units u like to play and go for it
have fun

·
Registered
135 Posts
What Siskin suggests are all very good thoughts.

Would consider getting another weapon-arm (plasmacannon) for the dreadnought (buy one from forgeworld and magnetize all your arm options. You should in that case note that the socket on the aobr dreads socket is smaller than the normal weapon arm slots. So you would have to cut and magnetize all the arms weapons).

Also if you could pickup a single heavy weapon terminator to round out the terminator squad a cyclone missile, assault cannon or heavy flamer definately wouldnt hurt.

Finally if you wanna be fancy with them scouts of yours, you buy Telion as a sergeant for them.
Ofcourse that would send you above 800 points so your probably better of ignoring me ....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the imput guys. I really don't want to replace too much in the army since I'm trying not to spend too much money, but the alternate arm for the dread and the special/hvy terminator sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Although it's a little bit more, consider getting the razorback box instead of the rhino. That way you could play the marines as a more stationary force if you wanted, with some additional fire support.

Also, maybe ten more marines instead of the scouts?

I think with both of those upgrades it would be $70 instead of $55...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Consider the Razorback, it can be modeled as a Rhino too (one part to pop on/off).

Also, I suggest buying a Librarian model. Lots of need for Psychic Hoods of late.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts