Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Working on a deal for my friends armies, that gathers up units from various sources to produce a new, more complete codex.

Running into ideas about new units for various armies. New Special Rules for various armies, and so on.

My question is does anyone have new units that they have an interest in seeing in a Fandex for any of the armies.

I am going to work on the following codexes (in the order I write them)

Space Marine
Tyranid
Imperial Guard
Eldar
Inquisitional Forces
Chaos Daemons
Chaos Space Marine
Orks
Necrons
Dark Eldar
Tau Empire​

The goal is to produce as professional a codex as possible for each (using the 5th Edition Rules as a base) I may skip the last one (seeing as Dark Eldar already got a new codex on the way) but I doubt it.

The goal is to make codices that are useful, and that will "do justice" to the existing armies.

Allowable content​
  • New Units​
  • Updated Units​
  • Obscure Sources (e.g. forgeworld, older codices, etc.)​
The end result will be a PDF of each rules set released as they are completed.​

In short I am looking for authors to help me put these codices together. These are unofficial codices, and are "fanboy" status only stuff, but I intend to make a product that is useful, and enjoyable.

I am also working on a Starcraft Set using the Warhammer 40k 5th Edition Rules.

Does Anyone know of Rules for Legion of the Damned Units (other than the 5th Edition Legion Elites)

I was thinking of a Legion of the Damned Dreadnought, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Working on Space Marines and Nids. Would love submissions for new Nid Creatures, or Stats for old ones.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I personally would be really excited to see a well made 5th ed revision of the Tau codex. They and Necrons seem to need it the most (as do Dark Eldar, but they're getting an official one next month so that doesn't count.)

As for new Nid creatures, you could always try to work Zoats or Genestealer cults back in. I'm not sure what the old official stats for them were, but we could always look up what fluff we can on them and try to figure something out.

I also have some more original ideas, but I'll get to those when I'm not realizing that it's 8 am and I still haven't gone to bed.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
As for new Nid creatures, you could always try to work Zoats or Genestealer cults back in. I'm not sure what the old official stats for them were, but we could always look up what fluff we can on them and try to figure something out.
Please don't they need to stay dead :laugh:

Most of my nid stuff has been fulfilled when they got an update but maybe a Special Character Trygon? ((that would be awesome)

also what SM codex are you doing? Vanilla? SW? BA? BT?...all of them?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A Special Character Trygon is in the works :)

As for SM somewhere between Vanilla and All. Its a fine balance of do I want to have a "complete SM codex" and do I want to rip out my hair.

I know for a fact that I will be doing all variations of Dreadnoughts, Landraiders, Land Speeders, etc. and the Heroes of ...insert Chapter Name. I will expand only when I think a named character is needed or interesting (such as Chaplain Varnus from Dawn of War series for the Ultramarines). All of the Current Heroes of SM chapters are in, this I can tell you.

SW are a question, though...they are far different than the standard for SM chapters. I may do a Complete Codex: Space Wolves just to handle them alone.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I agree that Zoats as a concept generally suck, but if done well Genestealer Cults might be kinda cool.

For the SM question, you could always say that the army has to select a Chapter, and makes adjustments to the stats on certain things and additional special rules based on that, with maybe a separate section for chapter-specific units such as Thunderwolf Cavalry and Death Company.

So... got anything in mind for Blood Ravens?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to do some research on Blood Ravens, but my goal is to give ever Adeptes Astartes chapter something somewhere.

Genestealer Cults are going to be availiable but I might treat them and an Appendix.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would love it if anyone who is interested in this is an artist, and wants to help out with art. Same to with modelers, looking for someone who can build a SM Walker.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the majority of a list for the Space Marines "Vanila" list. I want to add magic and spells back into the game any ideas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FORCES OF THE SPACE MARINES
HQ
THE MASTERS OF THE SPACE MARINES
"They forged for him great empires in his name"​

Master of the Chapter
Sept Commander
Brother-Captain
Command Squads & Honor Guards
Battle Orders

THE ORDOS LIBRARIUS
"That their deeds be written in the pages of this book"​

Chief LIbrarian
Epistolary
Codicer
Librarian Henchmen:
The Acolyte
The Familiar
The Minister
The Mystic
The Warrior
Psychic Powers

THE ORDOS ADEPTES
"They who watch over the souls of the living and the dead"

Grandmaster
Chaplain
Priest
Rites & Liturgies

THE ORDOS ARCANUS
"In the Name of the Emperor, we shall serve...or be damned"

High Magus
Spells & Summons

THE ADEPTUS MECHANICUS
"For the service of Omnissiah, I breathe"​

Master of the Forge

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There above is the HQ units of the FotSM I will follow with some of the other roles later. Comment on these first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts