Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looking at my pitifully small tyranid army ( stupid norn queen took birth control) I thought "hey a escalation tourny is starting up at my local hobby shop", and here I am wondering what is the most competitive tyranid build.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
horde from hell?

gaunts with gaunts and more gaunts with just a few gaunts sprinkled on top?

Then with some tervigons that piss out gaunts every turn and give them fnp...well...it's just...scary

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
horde from hell?

gaunts with gaunts and more gaunts with just a few gaunts sprinkled on top?

Then with some tervigons that piss out gaunts every turn and give them fnp...well...it's just...scary
Termagaunts or Hormagaunts and what would i use for tank busting as the new rules make this game heavily mechanized as you know

·
Registered
800 Posts
what points are you looking for.

Competitive nids is usually something on the lines of 3 zoans, 3 warriors, a trygon and gaunts.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
hmm for 500 you won't need to deal with many tanks so I suggest a small squad of hive guard to hide behind a wall shoot over it and pop the MEHTAL BAWKSES (ahem sorry for that) so the gaunts can get the gooey insides...although you can always do a Genestealer horde which is also terrifying and at 500 points they're really the only thing you need to pop transports or predators

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
a Prime is a good place....or you can use my 500pts nid list. 2 Tervigons with Cattalyst (one is HQ one is Troop) and 2 14 man Termagunt broods. Epic pownage right there.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
ranged weaponry usually I give warriors a Deathspitters w/ Venom Cannon grouping and put them in groups of three behind gaunts so they get cover saves and can fire back. the other option is flesh whip/bonesword combo with scything talons or rending claws which can be equally terrifying. Those usually stick to the front of the gaunts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.