Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be playing in a local tournament in a few weeks and wanted to get your opinions on this list. We use LVO rules, and forgeworld/super heavies are allowed.

I know for a fact that there will be a Transcendant C'tan, there will be Wave Serpent/Wraithknight spam, there will be tyranids with Aegis/Venomthropes, and there will be several Imperial Knights.

My battle plan with this list is to hope for first turn, scout my gravs up and kill the big stuff turn one, hopefully popping some vehicles with the melta or flamer drop pods depending on my opponent. The speeders hang back with the IG blob to camp objectives. I don't think there will be many deep striking/infiltrating armies present but I am a little concerned about my lack of close combat ability.

Thanks for taking the time to read/give feedback!

Combined Arms Detachment:
HQ:
Kor’sarro Khan
Moondrakkan

TROOPS:
5 Tactical Marines
Melta bombs
Combi-flamer
Flamer
Drop Pod
(2X) 5 Tactical Marines
Combi-melta
Meltagun
Drop Pod
(2X) 5 Bikes
Melta bombs
Combi-grav
2 Grav-guns
5 Bikes
Melta bombs
Combi-melta
2 Meltaguns
Attack Bike w/MM

FAST ATTACK:
(2X) Land Speeder
Heavy bolter
Typhoon ML

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Stalker - 75

Allied Detachment:
HQ:
Company Command Squad
Vox-caster
Lascannon

TROOPS:
Infantry Platoon:
Platoon Command Squad
4 Flamers
(2X) Infantry Squad
Vox-caster
Flamer
Autocannon

FAST ATTACK:
Vendetta

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Wyvern

TOTAL: 1750

·
Registered
434 Posts
You could replace the flamer tactical squad with a dual flamer assault squad in a pod and save 25 points. Plus shoot the second flamer more than once. Also, most bike armies I see don't use the guard. It's very different. I normally use camo scouts and thunderfire cannons for the back objective camper/ignores cover long range roles. They benefit each other better with the bolstered defences. The vendetta is pretty amazing though.

I like the drop pods too. I typically use this tactic with my space wolves to give some cover to my thunderwolves to run up behind. Same principle, just with bikes. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the guard allies, I'd say that overall I like the list.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts