5 Assault Squad- 85
-5 Jump Packs

5 Devastator Squad- 100
-3 Multi-Meltas
Drop Pod- 35

5 Devastator Squad- 185
-3 Grav-Cannons
Drop Pod- 35

I'm taking the sword instead of the cannons because a local tournament is nerfing strength D, still good, but two shots isn't worth it. 1 does nothing, 2-5 does D3, and 6 does 3, not 6+D6.

Veterans charge the turn they come in, take out key targets. Hawks take out AV4 units that the Vets would overkill. Skyhammer takes out vehicles and super elite units. Wraithknight does his thing... Distract and die.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Your Skyhammer formation seems under equipped for the task/rules it presents, I would strip some points from those Vanguard in order to add to those Assault squads at least if not the Devs as well. Depends on how ruthless you want to be in your allocation of points.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I don't care where you drop it, but drop 60pts to get Scatter Lasers for the Windriders. It makes them a relevant 81pts rather than a waste of 51pts.

I'd also want to drop the Autarch for a Farseer on Jetbike. Sure, a Farseer in a list with no other Warp Charge generators isn't exactly spectacular, but just dumping all you dice into a Prescience or Invisibility onto the Wraithknight with Runes of the Farseer is more valuable than a Meltagun and a reserve bonus that probably won't be super relevant. That's more a taste thing; the Autarch isn't bad; but it's what I'd do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your Skyhammer formation seems under equipped for the task/rules it presents, I would strip some points from those Vanguard in order to add to those Assault squads at least if not the Devs as well. Depends on how ruthless you want to be in your allocation of points.
I want to put more into the Devs, but I'd need to take a lot out of the Raven Guard, they need to hit hard because they honestly don't do well in multiple rounds of combat. The Assault Squads I'm planning on sending after Pathfinders/Sctouts/Cultists, things that my Vanguards will overkill, so I really don't need to put points into them. It'd be nice for them to hit harder, but for what I'm using them for it's not worth the points.

I don't care where you drop it, but drop 60pts to get Scatter Lasers for the Windriders. It makes them a relevant 81pts rather than a waste of 51pts.

I'd also want to drop the Autarch for a Farseer on Jetbike. Sure, a Farseer in a list with no other Warp Charge generators isn't exactly spectacular, but just dumping all you dice into a Prescience or Invisibility onto the Wraithknight with Runes of the Farseer is more valuable than a Meltagun and a reserve bonus that probably won't be super relevant. That's more a taste thing; the Autarch isn't bad; but it's what I'd do.
Paying 60 points to put guns on bikes that will be Jinking/Turbo-Boosting probably two or three times a game isn't worth it. I've also been plagued with plenty of 1" run roles so my bikes don't make it back into cover after shooting, so I just prefer to keep my only Ob-Sec alive.

The Autarch is there mostly for the +1 -1 reserve rolls. I'm going to keep my bikes in reserve turn one so they don't get shot out by another alpha strike trying to kill my only Ob-Sec, so I want to either make sure my bikes come in when I want them, or don't come in when I don't want them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
is the shadowstrike portion of the list the Ultramaines?

·
Registered
393 Posts
what equipment are you running on the scouts?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what equipment are you running on the scouts?
They are base, so they have Boltguns. I don't really have the points to give them anything. But they are Raven Guard, so turn one they have Shrouded. They don't die too often, even without the camo cloaks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
They are base, so they have Boltguns. I don't really have the points to give them anything. But they are Raven Guard, so turn one they have Shrouded. They don't die too often, even without the camo cloaks.
Would you be adverse to say consider changing the RG part to their successor chapter Raptors & using the chapter tactics for them for rending lols on the boltgun scouts. You would still get all the RG bonus but just this extra lol especially if your oppanant overlooks that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts