Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, considering playing Eldar as my 2014 tournament army. TBH, I'm not sure how viable they are, but I'm hoping to at least give them a go- I'm frankly starting to burn out on GK and need a change of pace, so let's try and make these codex work.

1850pt Mechdar with Tau Allies

Primary Detachment- Eldar

Farseer

10 Dire Avengers with Wave Serpent with Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields

Fire Prism
Fire Prism

Allied Detachment- Tau

Commander with 2 Missile Pods, Velocity Tracker, Target Lock, PENchip, Iridium Armour

10 Fire Warriors with Shas'ui
10 Fire Warriorswith Shas'ui

3 Crisis Battlesuits with 2 Missile Pods, Velocity Tracker, 2 Marker Drones

Fortifications

Aegis Defence Line with Quad Gun

So it seems pretty strong, that's 5 AV12 fast skimmers generally sporting a 4+ cover save (I feel pretty confident I should be able to generate 4+ cover on the Fire Prisms), and the Serpents are near impossible to suppress or explode.

Tau are being brought in for backfield scoring and AA, which I feel is pretty important, since you want to be able to leverage the Eldar's speed and be able to use the DAs more aggressively. Also, being able to deal with planes is a pretty big deal; whilst I'm not quite ready to completely disregard the Crimson Hunter but the Tau just seem better. Farseer combined with Battlesuits is pretty sick.

Otherwise, I'm thinking of just doing straight Mechdar and playing the denial game, and ignoring planes, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Anyways, have at it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts