Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my list, a friend's list...Just wanted to see what people thought.

HQ
Libby with Command Squad w/Banner of Dev

Techmarine w/Bike + Power Field Generator

Troops
x10 Tactical Squad w/bolters
x10 Tactical squad w/bolters
x10 Tactical Squad w/Bolters

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Squad x3 Bikes

Transports
Land Raider Crusader
Land Raider Crusader
Land Raider Crusader

4++ invulnerables for Land Raiders. Techmarine is hidden behind Land Raiders so no one can snipe him. Heldrakes are useless against LRs.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i like this a lot, i put up a similar list once and it got slammed, for having 3 landraiders. i would love to know how this list works out!!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Jumping out at me is that you have no real anti armour. This list might work well against a horde where it can put out an immense weight of fire, but against something mechanized I can see issues.

Aside from that: fuck yeah three land raiders. I put up a BA list a while back that had three LR's but I have never gotten to play it. Back in 5th I would use three Raiders all the time! hahaha

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Jumping out at me is that you have no real anti armour. This list might work well against a horde where it can put out an immense weight of fire, but against something mechanized I can see issues.

Aside from that: fuck yeah three land raiders. I put up a BA list a while back that had three LR's but I have never gotten to play it. Back in 5th I would use three Raiders all the time! hahaha
There is no reason not to run 3 or more now! 5 with the current 'dex considering a Termie squad and Assault Termie squad can use them as a transport! Aww-yea!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

Well glad you all enjoyed it. lol

As I understand it, he said he started running this list mainly as a reaction against the local meta, which was for the most part just stealing what is considered the most competitive lists off of online forums...He started encountering spammy lists like x3 Heldrakes, Necron flier lists etc. The usual stuff doing the rounds online...So he came up with this list, and no one as yet has bought lists that can deal with it.
Because so many people just bring heavy infantry armies and spam fliers...Well, this list is a reaction to that. Ntaw you are right - however most people in his meta do not bring Mech...It's not an invincible list but it's a pretty good damn deathstar from what I can see. I don't see any of my Chaos lists being able to deal with it.

Admittedly it is fighting cheese with cheese (spamming units), but kudos to to him for doing this, as it might make people return to being creative with lists now, rather than just copy/pasting them from online forums. That's got to be a good thing, in my view.

Also, there is something amusingly audacious about running 3 Land Raiders and not even putting the usual terminators in them. It makes me smile. And you know, the list is actually more thought out than it perhaps first appears. For one thing you get crazy volume of boltgun shots per turn. I think it's something like 72 shots, with those hurricane bolters, plus everyones boltguns. That in itself makes it very powerful. Even terminator heavy lists are going to be suppressed with that sheer volume of small arms fire...It's pretty cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts