Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy heretics

In a few months myself and a friend of mine will be entering a doubles tournament run by a independent retailer.

My friend is planning on dusting off his old Necron army, while I was thinking of running an "Face-full of Khorne" list, which in its early stages is looking something like this:

HQ
Khorne Lord, Juggernaut, Axe of Blind Fury (170)

TROOPS
10x Cultists, Mark of Khorne, Flamer (75)
10x Cultists, Mark of Khorne, Flamer (75)

FAST ATTACK
4x Chaos Spawn, Mark of Khorne (128)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Maulerfiend, Lasher tendrils (135)
Maulerfiend, Magma cutters (125)

ALLIES

HQ
Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Locus of Wrath, Exalted Reward (155)

TROOPS
10x Bloodletters (100)

FAST ATTACK
10x Flesh Hounds of Khorne (160)

Total: 1233/1250

How viable could this be? Is a lack of Psyckers going to be a disadvantage?

Looking for all and any C&C

·
Registered
59 Posts
to be honest, i get the feeling that once your unit of spawns (in wich i suppose you will place your lord) is dealt with yo won't have much threatening the opponent, the maulerfiends are nice but are also the only target for the opponent's AT weapons, the rest isn't resilient nor menacing enough i fear, also they are your only solution to opposing tanks, i'd go with only one list without allies, doubling up (or tripling depending on points) on the spawns, or maybe a zerker unit on landraider (a way better fire magnet and probably more resilient). Also i'd drop the MoK from the cultists, they either won't make it to combat due to having to stand back on objectives or will get tabled before arriving to charge range, this without considering that they will threaten at best AM and tau units with their melee capabilities.

i'd go with the following:
lord MoK juggernaut, power fist, melta bomb 140
lord Mok juggernaut, power fist, melta bomb 140

10x cultists 50
10x cultists 50
10x cultists 50

5x spawn MoK 160
5x spawn MoK 160

maulerfiend 125
maulerfiend 125
2x obliterators 140

the lords in a pinch, the oblits and the fiends can deal with veichles, the two units of spawns are resilient enought to get into melee (probably at least), it's still melee oriented but i feel it will fare better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts