Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, ladies and gentle men!

I'm making a slow comeback to the 40k scene and thought this over a few times, now I need some C&C and reasoning for 'em.
How about this?

Farseer
Singing spear, bike

Autarch
Mantle, bike, lance, banshee mask

6 Windriders
2 shuriken cannons

6 Windriders
2 shuriken cannons

9 Avengers
Wave Serpent
-Scatter lasers, holo-field

9 Avengers
Wave Serpent
-Scatter lasers, holo-field

6 Dragons
Exarch
-Fast Shot

6Warp Spiders

Crimson Hunter
Exarch

Fire Prism
Holo-field

Fire Prism
Holo-field

Vaul’s Wrath Battery
Vibro cannons

Falcon
Scatter laser, holo-field

What to do with 6 points? I rather like how the list looks, even though I think CH Exarch upgrade is overpriced.. Buying the upgrade lets me Guide something else, making something else more effective..

Bit worried about the small Spider squad though :/

Thanks in advance,
-Jarkko​

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You've definitely got all the bases covered imo - I like the list.
I take it you're doing double FoC?
You confused me a minute - your using mymeara but not using IA11 :)

If you add a fire pike, the fire dragons can then allocate wounds up to 18"away rather than 12".
Are the fire dragons going in the falcon?
falcons are great at sitting back and adding to general shooting, but you have to get close to drop off fire dragons effectively and that always costs me a falcon. But hopefully, what you aimed at should be dead.

6 Spiders shouldn't do too bad - they'll have a small footprint so you should hopefully be able to keep them out of LoS. You'll just have to pick your targets carefully so they don't get left exposed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!

You've definitely got all the bases covered imo - I like the list. I take it you're doing double FoC? You confused me a minute - your using mymeara but not using IA11
Cheers =) Yep, double FOC so I could squeeze the Falcon in. I'm happy about how well my homecraftworld can be represented by the Codex so I'm making this easier on the opponents (less rules to remember).

I'm planning on using the Dragons in a more reactive way so the Falcon gets to hang back and lay down those sweet AP2 shots =) I've found that Wave Serpents just look silly when I'm facing monstrous creatures (although those bend pretty well to shurikens too). You make a good point though, so I'll definitely keep my eyes open for the Serpent option =) Would give me 5 points, too, which makes it possible for me to take the Firepike. I'll see how this goes, thanks for pointing the allocation thing out!

And I'll indeed be a happy guy if the Spiders do okay with only 6 models, taking more would ruin my beautifully symmetric army list of 3's ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

If FW was an option you were entertaining, I'd recommend the Nightwing. It survives so much longer than the crimson hunter and doesn't need to come on to the table after other peoples fliers to be effective. And it'd save you 35pts... But as you have the autarch and a crimson hunter, you'll be adjusting your reserve rolls so it wouldn't make as big a difference as you'd be able to half choose when it comes on hopefully. I don't normally take autarchs - I'm experimenting with phoenix lords leading different squads

Whats your opinion on the shimmershield for dire avengers?

I tend to take it as it means that a heldrake cannot remove the squad from an objective in one turn (once they're out of the serpent that is:))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts