Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking at what I am doing in quality now, verse 8 or 9 years ago, the difference is rather startling.

The Chaos Sorcerer was done about 9 years ago and when compared to the Salamander Captain, I've done recently, the difference is pretty amazing. They don't even look like the same person painted them to me and I know I painted them.

Now it got me thinking that this is something that everyone should look at now and again. Since I don't see anything like this on here, granted I didn't look super hard, I thought I'd challenge anyone who can put up a comparison shot or two of old verses new work.

So, I throw down the gauntlet to any and every one to post pictures of work they look back on with their new stuff.
:threaten:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Oh I like this thread - It's always fun to set things in perspective like this. I will throw in some of my work!

I only started the hobby like 3½ years ago, so it's easy for me to see the progress. Ironically I just found a image of a Black Legion Rhino that I painted up back then (I sold it afterwards), so you can see the difference here:

You can see that I had some of the same ideas about weathering a tank, but I had no clue how to achieve it.

There you go, some of the earliest work I did. I can't believe it's only a few years...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts