Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am starting to build up my Eldar force, when it comes to painting I don't want to paint in the scheme that everyone and his uncle has. In your experience which of the known Craftworlds are the most/least common?
I want to use one of the known Craftworlds as I can't be bothered coming up with a new colour scheme, I have already done that with the Tyranids and would rather stick with a already established scheme as it also means I don't have to adapt painting techniques to suit vehicles and the like, reference should be available. Which Craftworlds do you see most/least often when playing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on folks give us a hand here. :(

·
Registered
632 Posts
Same here, i dont think that many people use the actual craftworld themes, not since Gw stpped the craftworld codex. But out of the ones i have seen, its got to be saim hann that is the most popular. So any of the other four will do you nicely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I play Beil Tan as i love green and elves..it was a match made in heaven. But I've never seen another person play Beil Tan, but I've also not seen very many others play Eldar at all. So as someone said, i think you'd be good with any really.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Most Eldar I see are either Iyanden or Saim Hann

here has some other common craftworlds, the ones such as Lugganath and Il-Kaithe are very uncommon when it comes to paint schemes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies so far, I was leaning towards Saim Hann, however following the above replies I am now leaning towards Biel-Tan.

@Bubblematrix I have looked over the Wiki page and considered some of the lesser known Craftworlds but there is not a lot of resource avaliable on them meaning I would have to adapt painting styles to the larger vehicles and what not. I am not all that keen on the colour schemes of most of them anyhow, some of the look quite gaudy in my opinion.
I have just come across an excellent painting guide for Biel-Tan, looking like that may be the scheme of choice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dont think there is any scheme EVERYONE paints. Tho I would say probably the most numerous is Saim-Hann just because its on most of the box art. I wouldnt worry about what scheme you use, as long as you like the colours (And play style if fluffy gaming is what your into - Wild Host FTW!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have decided to go with the Biel-Tan scheme. I like the vibrancy of the green and love the thorn pattern(which should be a challenge).

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I have looked over the Wiki page and considered some of the lesser known Craftworlds but there is not a lot of resource avaliable on them meaning I would have to adapt painting styles to the larger vehicles and what not.
This is because some of the newer ones have only existed for the last codex printings and a couple from the last two. The big ones (Saim-Hann, Biel-Tan, Iyanden, Alaitoc and Ulthwe ) have pretty much been there since before 2nd ed - the better part of 20 years.

There's naturally going to be more written about the big ones. They were all there at the start of the re-imaging of the Eldar back in 1990, when Jes Goodwin got the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts