Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am starting to build up my Eldar force, when it comes to painting I don't want to paint in the scheme that everyone and his uncle has. In your experience which of the known Craftworlds are the most/least common?
I want to use one of the known Craftworlds as I can't be bothered coming up with a new colour scheme, I have already done that with the Tyranids and would rather stick with a already established scheme as it also means I don't have to adapt painting techniques to suit vehicles and the like, reference should be available. Which Craftworlds do you see most/least often when playing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on folks give us a hand here. :(

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I've not seen ANY of the common ones around my neck of the woods.
My club has three eldar players and none of us use the named ones from the codex with a scheme.

I know one guy who plays as Biel Tan and one who plays as Iyanden (with the matching schemes) but those are in the minority.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I play Beil Tan as i love green and elves..it was a match made in heaven. But I've never seen another person play Beil Tan, but I've also not seen very many others play Eldar at all. So as someone said, i think you'd be good with any really.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies so far, I was leaning towards Saim Hann, however following the above replies I am now leaning towards Biel-Tan.

@Bubblematrix I have looked over the Wiki page and considered some of the lesser known Craftworlds but there is not a lot of resource avaliable on them meaning I would have to adapt painting styles to the larger vehicles and what not. I am not all that keen on the colour schemes of most of them anyhow, some of the look quite gaudy in my opinion.
I have just come across an excellent painting guide for Biel-Tan, looking like that may be the scheme of choice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I dont think there is any scheme EVERYONE paints. Tho I would say probably the most numerous is Saim-Hann just because its on most of the box art. I wouldnt worry about what scheme you use, as long as you like the colours (And play style if fluffy gaming is what your into - Wild Host FTW!)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I have decided to go with the Biel-Tan scheme. I like the vibrancy of the green and love the thorn pattern(which should be a challenge).

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have looked over the Wiki page and considered some of the lesser known Craftworlds but there is not a lot of resource avaliable on them meaning I would have to adapt painting styles to the larger vehicles and what not.
This is because some of the newer ones have only existed for the last codex printings and a couple from the last two. The big ones (Saim-Hann, Biel-Tan, Iyanden, Alaitoc and Ulthwe ) have pretty much been there since before 2nd ed - the better part of 20 years.

There's naturally going to be more written about the big ones. They were all there at the start of the re-imaging of the Eldar back in 1990, when Jes Goodwin got the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.