1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished!

White background:

Here's the picture the client gave me and told me "make it so!"

I just added this so down the line I wouldn't get accused of ripping off other painters. I waz only following orders! ;)

Anyway, hope you like the shuttle!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cool stuff! Did you use an airbrush for it? I saw the tutorial from the original and that guy used an airbrush but yours looks more like brush painted. Which I like!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Lovely stuff!

Oi! @Logaan :good:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
@Matcap: Yeah, that's what I suspected from looking at the picture. :) Especially on the empire logo thing of course. Maybe it's decals too? Anyway, very little airbrushing involved with this one. The freehands are all just that (including one or two breakdowns whilst painting the empire logos. Had to completely shot down myself halfway through, crank up that sweet 60bpm baroque music, read a little, then went back to it and finally got those freehands done. Geometrical shapes are hard, doing them on two wings mirrored is even harder. I have to admit that I got a kick out of the thing when I finally was done. But yeah, I gotta work more with templates and all that boring technical stuff rather than sweet, sweet skillz :D ).
@Tawa: Thanks! Who's Logaan then? Did he paint the "Original"?
@Gunslinger: Thanks muchly, Sir!
@ntaw: Cheers, much obliged!
@fatmantis: Thank you. :)

edit: Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: The little scribbly stuff on the mid tail wing thing (the top line, the second line is just random stuff more or less) reads "squirrel". The letters on the bow of the spaceship read "nose". Before that I honestly didn't know that there was a special Star Wars alphabet.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very well done mate! If I recall correctly the original used a stencil + airbrush to get the imperial logo on there; all the more impressive that you did it freehand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts