Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

Here's the latest set of Space Hulk minis I painted. The chapter is Knights of the Chalice (I really like the look of Ultramarines Terminators, the client didn't want them painted as Blood Angels, but didn't mind the BA iconography):

..tried something new with the power sword. ;)

Now I got some mighty fine Guardsmen on the table! It's been a while since I painted IG dudes, so it's cool to do those again.

The above minis are meant to compliment the Space Hulk Chaos Space Marines I painted for the same client last year (which is why these fellas above are blue too. Th idea was "anything but red").

Anyway, I hope you like the pictures! :)

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Wow! Once again excellent work! The only piece I'm not sold on is the power sword. I don't necessarily dislike it but I need to think about it.

It reads like tile or lava on first glance. Or maybe like the sweep of a radar wave on screen, but separated into sections. What effect were you going for?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Kreuger: Thanks for the comment and feedback! Yeah, I can't really tell you what my aim was on the sword, I just tried to do something different for once. :) I don't think that this is the way I'll do power swords in the future in general, but at least it's a diversion from the standard fare.
@Chaosftw: Cheers, glad you like them. :)

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Really well done, some lovely looking models, and nice to see a change from blood angels.

Plus it reminds me of the flash gitz parody of space hulk, which can only be good :good:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts