Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I like how I'm coming up with these updates and I don't have THAT much work to show for them. :(

My sleep schedule has been messed up due to Drannith's surgery, which went well and he's already up and walking around (with a crutch of course). So at least that's down. My sleep schedule's coming back again, so tomorrow I should have this guy done completely.

It looks really unfinished right now, but here's some pics for you all to hopefully enjoy at least a tiny bit. (I know it looks really unfinished right now, especially with a white hood) :) I think I might make some touch ups on the arms of the cape, since over the pictures I've seen a couple of streaks here and there and continue plugging away on this guy tomorrow. Hopefully will actually have that done with the checkered pattern and everything and will post it. :)

Without further ado....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well for the updates, no big deal there. As for the mini, he's looking great so far, the red looks super, you made sure to get the moldlines this time right "wink wink" :grin:

looking forward to your next update!

Regards,
DoE

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hahaha!~ I tried the best I could. I can kind of see one now underneath one of the tubes... :(
Anywho, thanks!~ Imma go get some more work done on him now. :)

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yay!~ I'm glad you're all liking it so far. Thank you all for the encouraging words. It motivates me. The checkering on this guy looks good in some places and not so good in others, mainly because it's my first time doing it. I'm going to be posting more pics up soon as it will be done in the next couple of hours. :D As of right now, the hood needs highlights and it needs the "backpack"/tubes done.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Yay!~ I'm glad you're all liking it so far. Thank you all for the encouraging words. It motivates me. The checkering on this guy looks good in some places and not so good in others, mainly because it's my first time doing it. I'm going to be posting more pics up soon as it will be done in the next couple of hours. :D As of right now, the hood needs highlights and it needs the "backpack"/tubes done.
i hate it, its horrable!

cant wait to see the rest of them :p

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
OMG!!! I'M DONE I'M DONE I'M DONE!!!!~
With the 2nd servitor..... >.<
Anywho, here's the pics for it. I like how I made the "tarnished"/highlight on the tubes and the tank in the back of him. The tank in the pictures looks like it has a big line on it... >.< But when you see it in person, it looks good and there's no line. I think it's the light reflection (hopefully).
CC welcome as always.

I'm pretty proud of how my first feeble attempt at a checkered pattern is. I'll try to get better on the last servitor I need to paint up, which is up next. Go Micron pens! Especially when the model is THIS small and the checkered pattern's small too. But if anybody has any better ways to do this, let me know. :)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
get to work on the main dish already!

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I will!!! Have patience young grasshopper...one more model before Hector Rex is worked on.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
WOW, you did a fantastic job! Impressive, see because of you, you inspired me to paint my quartermaster and retinue!

As for the checkered pattern, the easiest way I know of is with the micropen, however, using masking tape as well to get the perfect squars and lines. The only real issue with that tho is when the pattern starts to fold in on itself where there are creases.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Very nice work on that one! Big fan of the red and the checker pattern turned out really nice.

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks DoE!~ Yay!~ I'm looking forward to those being done for you. :)
Yeah, at first I was thinking of cutting out squares from masking tape and painting it...but then I thought better. Hahaha.

Thanks Midge!~ Hopefully the third servitor's checkered pattern will look better.

Not really set on how I want to approach Lord Hector even though I have the FW example in front of me. :(

Again, thanks guys!~ I'm going to get started on the other servitor here pretty soon, either tonight or tomorrow. :) I really need to get painting as Drannith and I got like 4 more commission pieces last night. :biggrin:
Gazghrull Thraka, a legion of the damned converted model (both of which Drannith will be doing after his Epidus), an old Lelith model and a plague hulk (both of which I will be doing)!~ So LOTS more projects to come.
Plus we have our own Pathfinder models to paint 2 half elves and 4 halflings.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I would hit the raised edges with a layer or two of highlights, to show wearing. Is it just me of is the last pic have the hood in white? The seal on the purity seal could use a layer of a brighter red, right now it is getting lost in the robe. Also the parchment looks like lamb skin versus velum

Looks great though, each model you see your skill increase!

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So even a lighter highlight on the model? What do you mean by hitting the raised edges with a layer or two of highlights, as in where?
The last pic is the hood in white, just to show the checkering I did before the paint got on there.
I'll lighten up the purity seal though.
Yeah, the parchment came out a bit dark, especially for the one that's on top by the little shield thing, because the micron pen didn't dry up completely before I put a wash on it. >.<
And thanks!~ I've gotten a lot faster and see a lot more where I should put highlights and stuff in and the layering is getting to be a bit easier each time. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Like a layer of paint brighter then whats on there now. RFaised edges would get more wear from general rubbing and thus be shinier.

·
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm not so sure I really want to do that though, not because I'm lazy, but because on the model itself, the highlights look a bit lighter than it does in the photos. Maybe my light source put too much light in the recesses so that it looks like the highlights aren't as bright. I had changed the angle of the light in relation to the model from the last servitor that I took photos of. I'll look at them some more tomorrow when the light's better and see how different they are under normal daylight conditions before doing anything. Thanks for the input!~

41 - 60 of 114 Posts