Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Critique for da CriticGod
3,339 Posts
Hey Sigur, these guys look slick and as well executed as any of your projects. I think the red works, and the conversions are all keepers.

My only criticism is your accent colour choice. The verdigris is the same bright blue-green as the rock under the champ, it's the same as the glowing eyes, and the same as the glow/blending on the power weapons/claws. I don't mean it looks bad, but it looks "off" because the verdigris would be caused by very different things so it sets off my "common-sense-o-meter."

My guess is that you are either charging by number of main colours or you're just sticking to a nice triad. Either way I think it's too close.

Otherwise excellent work!

· Critique for da CriticGod
3,339 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has commented on this thread again!

The 'stealers look excellent. And I must say, having played 40k since before 2nd ed, back when Terminators and Tyranids were a set for Space Crusade, I am partial to the original colour scheme. And you nailed it.

And as for my previous criticism, I wasn't picking on your painting or converting skills at all. You have excellent technique. I just disagree with the tight color choice. =)

You may rest assured, even if I don't comment I will be looking at all the work you post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.